Chapter 9: Nothing Is Sweeter Than Revenge

When the lights flickered on, I scanned the room for any blood or broken bodies. I pushed my way through the crowd, having a terrible feeling in my gut. Why are so many people getting hurt? I wondered towards whimpering. When I got to the source of whimpering, my jaw slighly dropped. Niall was leaning up against the wall, holding his lip. I sighed as I walked over to him.

"What happened? I sighed, trying to peer at his lip.

"I.. um... got hit in the face," Niall replied nervously. I looked at him. Why was he acting nervous?

"What are you hiding Niall?" I asked.

"Nothing!" he screamed.

"You're lying!" I gasped.

"Am not!" he protested. 

"Are too!"

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Niall, who is she?" I snapped around to see a blonde girl standing there with red lipstick. I looked from Niall to her. 

"N-Nothing Amber," Niall stuttered. As if I was meant to see it, I just happened to look at his mouth. It was a bit of red on his lips. The same color of Amber's lips. I jumped up.

"You kissed her!" I yelled, my voice shaking. 

"So what if I did?" Niall scoffed, getting up with me.

"What did she do to you?" I said, crossing my arms.

"We were kissing and I accidental bit his lip too hard," Amber explained in a high pitched voice. It took every ounce of my willpower not to punch her.

"You guys were kissing?" I asked Niall, trying not to sound mad.

"So? Whats it to ya?" Niall retorted. My face turned a bright shade of red. I stormed to the bathroom. I locked myself in a bathroom stall. My breathing came out in short, angry breaths. Why was I so mad? It's not like Niall and I were dating or anything, but something just snapped inside of me. I heard the door open.

"Thaila, you okay?" someone asked. I peeked over the stall door. It was Jay. I unlocked the door and went out to met her. 

"I'm fine," I said. "Just a little pissed." Jay's eyes got all big.

"Potty mouth! Potty mouth! Potty mouth!" she screamed repeatidly. I covered her mouth to make her stop.

"Jay, it's fine," I told her, taking my hand away from her face. 

"So why are you mad?" she asked, suddenly interested in the reason of my anger. I gave her a look.  She nodded.

"But you guys aren't dating are you?" she asked confused.

"NO! I'm just mad that she hurt him," I replied.

"Well then get back at her," Jay suggested.

"Get back at her? You mean revenge?" I asked.

"No. I mean go eat some marshmallow duckies," she retorted sarcastically. "Of course I meant revenge."

"I don't do revenge though," I said.

"Then start!" Jay insisted.

"You're right. I need to get back at her for ki-" I stopped myself just in time. "Hurting Niall." I corrected.

"Then lets get started," she replied, rubbing her hands together evilly.

****************************************************

"Do you seriously think this will work?" I asked Jay.

"It will work," she said determinedly.

"But what if it doesn't?" I asked again.

"It will work Thaila," she repeated.

"But what if-"

"Thaila stop with the what if's!" We were quiet for a while. "Here she comes!" Jay nudged me. I stumbled towards Amber, who was making her way towards us.

"Amber!" I cheered, even though I was about to punch her in the face.

"Who are you?" she asked in her high pitched voice. 

"I'm Thaila, the one who yelled at Niall," I explained.

"Oh. How could you even yell at someone as sweet as him?" Amber snapped.

"The same way he bullied me in throughout first grade through 8th," I mumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing. So what are you doing over here?"

"Getting Niall some punch."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah... Can I go now?"

"Yea. Go ahead."

"Can you move your poor ass out of my way?" I was so close to punching her, but kept my cool.

"Sure Amber," I replied through gritted teeth. I stepped aside to let her through. I waited to hear a sound. I didn't. I turned to Jay. "What the fudge?" I mouthed.

"Hold on," she mumbled. "It takes a second." Just as she said that, we heard a scream. We whipped around to see a bucket of syrup pour all over her. Jay and I had to suppress laughter. Then came the feathers, next the hot sauce and finally worms.

"My hair!" she sobbed. I couldn't hold it in any more. I busted out laughing. Pretty soon, Jay joined in.  But apparently a girl who just got chickafied isn't very funny. When the crowd started to split in two, I knew we were in trouble. Two big bodyguards walked through the middle area where everyone had split. Following them was Simon and Anna. Anna had a solemn look on her face while Simon had a furious look on his face.

"Did you do that?" he asked calmly.

"What makes you think that?" I said nervously.

"The fact that you're both laughing," Simon retorted. Jay and I said nothing. "Nothing to say eh? We that's fine because I'm kicking you both off of the X Factor."

OOOOO CLIFFHANGA HAHHAHAHHA