"Hello." He greeted with a warm smile, small dimples indenting his cheeks and making your heart flip. "Forgive me. I was busy when you came in so I couldn't greet your properly."
"That's so nice of you."
"Is there anything I can help you find?" He inquired.
"No thank you. I only came here to work on some stuff for college."
"At such a late hour?"
"Yeah." You huffed out a chortle. "I've been procrastinating a little and it's caught up with me."
"I see. Well, if you need anything just let me know."
"Okay. Thank you." You gave him a smile, watching him walk off before returning to your essay.

San was so happy just to be able to speak to you, even for just a few seconds. You're absolutely stunning, not to mention you smell amazing, even better up close. He almost couldn't control himself. Despite being a vampire for so long he still struggles with controlling his thirst sometimes, especially when faced with a sweet-smelling mortal like yourself.
His eyes drift to the back of the store where that enchanting woman (you) is sitting. He had never seen a human as beautiful as you. You took his breath away—well, metaphorically speaking.

Throughout the time you were there working on your college work, San found himself focusing more on you rather than keeping himself busy and doing his job. Though, to be fair he didn't have too many tasks to do, as most of them had been taken care of prior to your arrival.

You had become so immersed in your college work that you lost track of time. Upon glancing at the digital clock on your laptop screen, you saw that it was already midnight.
"Oh man." You sighed out.
This guy is probably sick of me hanging out back here. You thought to yourself. He's probably ready to go home.
You gently pushed your laptop shut and dropped it into your bag before slinging it over your shoulder and making a beeline for the exit.

"Excuse me!" The owner called, making you stop in your tracks.
Turning towards the voice, you saw the well-dressed man hurrying over, his sharp brows pulled together in mild concern.
"Is everything alright?" He asked.
"I'm sorry if I held you up. I lost track of time. You're probably ready to close up for the night." You began apologizing profusely.
"No it's quite alright. I don't close until 1 AM."
"You don't?"
"No. I'm one of the only businesses around here that stays open this late."
"Ah. Well, I should still head home. It's late and I'm getting sleepy."
"Oh of course. I'm San, by the way." He extended his hand. "The owner."
"Y/n." You introduced yourself, placing your hand in his.
Instead of a handshake, he brought your hand up to his lips, giving it a gentle kiss. It was an odd and unexpected gesture, but it made you blush furiously.
"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Y/n. Please feel free to come back again."
"Ah. Sure thing. Th-thank you." You stumbled over your words awkwardly and pulled on the entrance door, ready to get out of the store. It wouldn't budge. Glancing down, you spotted the word push on the glass. "M-my bad. Goodbye." You murmured, pushing open the door and scrambling out.
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

Once you make it to your vehicle, you let out a frustrated sigh.
"Way to make a fool of yourself in front of the cute bookstore guy." You mutter, starting the engine.
As you drive home, your mind continued to replay the scene of San kissing the back of your hand, the thought getting you flustered all over again. That was very... gentlemanly. No one does that anymore though, so it was kind of odd. Then again it did get your heart racing. Shaking your head, you push the thoughts away just long enough to get home.

You dropped your things as soon as you stepped foot in your room. It had been a long and exhausting day and truthfully you were ready to sleep.
As you prepare for bed and go through your nightly routine, your thoughts drift back to the oh-so-charming San. From his soft-looking hair to his sharp and intense eyes that, despite their fierce appearance, had a gentleness to them. You found yourself wishing you could get one more look at him. Perhaps you could.