Seonghwa ✦ Vampire

Start from the beginning

Once back in the living room, the vampire gestures for you to have a seat on the couch, which you oblige.
"I'll be back in a moment. Don't wander off."
You momentarily wonder what he left to get. Your curiosity is satiated when he returns to the room holding a wine glass filled with a red liquid. You could make a pretty good guess as to what was inside.
"I would have gotten you something but I don't have anything. Sorry." He apologized halfheartedly as he took a seat in a maroon wingback chair across from you.
"It's fine."
"Well, if you're ready, ask away." He waved his hand in the air gesturing for you to begin.
"Very well. For starters, how long have you lived here?"
"Since 1892. I'm the only owner this house has ever had."
"So you built it?"
"More like I paid someone else to, but sure." He responded, taking a sip from the wine glass.
"How old are you?"
"That's a rude question." He chuckled.
You raised a brow, waiting for him to answer.
"148."
"Wow." You whispered under your breath. "How did you manage to survive all these years?"
"I kept myself locked up in here most of the time, and if I ever had to leave I would do it at night so I could slink through the shadows without anyone knowing. Not to mention I can fight off just about anyone." He looked at you, his eyes flashing red as if to prove that point.
His quick gaze was enough to give you goosebumps. You took a moment to clear your throat and collect your thoughts before continuing.
"Do you sleep in that coffin in your room?"
"Sometimes."
"Do you-" You paused, hesitant to ask the next question. "Do you drink human blood?"
He let out a deep chuckle. "Only if I'm in the mood."
Your eyes quickly dart over to the glass of red liquid.
"Does this make you uncomfortable, dear?" He inquired, lifting the glass. "I only do it as a precaution. Though I've been alive for centuries, I still struggle to hold back and control my thirst sometimes, especially when a delectable morsel like you comes around."
You swallowed at his words. He's intimidating yet oh-so-suave at the same time, his aura drawing you in despite the fact that he's a blood-sucking predator.
"No. It doesn't bother me." You managed to respond without stuttering.
"Tell me, why are you so interested in me?" He questioned.
"Vampires intrigue me." You answered simply.
"Hm." He glanced away thoughtfully. "I didn't know there were people who were interested in my kind."
"You'd be surprised."
His gaze lingered on you momentarily, his tongue darting out to wet his lips.

"Why are you acting so casual around me?" You inquired. "You're drinking blood out of a wine glass and walking around flashing your eyes and fangs as if it's nothing."
"It's my house is it not?" He raised a sharp brow inquisitively. "I should be free to feel comfortable in my own home, no?"
"Yes, but you're not trying to hide your vampirism at all and you're answering all my questions without any hesitancy. Are you not afraid I'll tell someone?" You inquired.
"No." He set his glass aside and stood up, striding towards you. "I'm not afraid you'll tell anyone." He leaned down, whispering the last part in a low voice. "I wouldn't let you get the chance."
It sent a chill down your spine, enough to make you physically shiver. The vampire let out a deep chuckle in response, pleased that his threat had you shaken up. It was an empty threat, of course, but your reaction to him is amusing.
"What's your name?" You asked, changing the subject after realizing neither of you introduced yourselves.
"You tell me yours first."
"Y/n."
"Y/n." He repeated, your name sounding so sweet rolling off his tongue. "I'm Seonghwa."
Instead of going back to his chair, he took a seat beside you on the couch, his eyes roaming your features.

"Well, Seonghwa." You cleared your throat. "I'd like to apologize. I feel bad for barging into your house, truly. I realize how impolite that was. I was just so caught up in wanting to see if you were here that I didn't stop to think about what I was doing. However, I do appreciate your cooperation."
"I'm used to it. Plus," He reached out and took your hand, gently placing his lips to the back of it causing your heart to jump. "I'm glad you wandered into my home."
An intense heat rises to your cheeks in response to his flirtatious and suave actions.
"I quite like you, little human."
"I..." Your voice caught in your throat, unsure of what to say, as your brain was slowly becoming mush, your mind clouding.
"Ah." He chuckled. "You're flustered."
"No I'm not." You lied through your teeth, shaking your head in denial.
"Don't worry, love. It's cute." He grinned placing his finger underneath your chin, guiding your face up to look at him.
"Do you have any more questions for me,
Y/n?"
The way he said your name made you feel like melting into a puddle on the floor. Somehow, through your blurry thoughts, one question came to mind.
"Is it true that vampires can hypnotize people and compel them to do things?"
"No. But humans often find us to be rather charming. What they don't know is that we vampires find some humans to be enchanting as well." His eyes still lingered on you.
If vampires can't hypnotize people, then why do you feel so entranced by him?