Seonghwa ✦ Vampire

Start from the beginning

You noticed a large chandelier hanging from the ceiling. There was a light switch on the wall nearby, but it appeared candles were the only source of light being used in the massive mansion. As far as you're aware, not all houses used electricity in 1892.
This vampire must have been rich. You thought to yourself.

You make your way through the spacious living room and head up the stairs to the second floor to take a look around. Antique paintings line the narrow hallway of the upper floor, most of them being still life artworks, others depicting scenery.
You're pretty quick to decide to check out the first room since it's nearby. Carefully, you open the door to find an office of some sort; it doesn't look too interesting so you move on to the next one.
Twisting the knob, you open the door to the second room and peer inside. Your breath catches in your throat when you spot a coffin sitting directly in the middle of the floor.
Bingo.
You step into the room as quietly as you can, giddy to get a look at the coffin up close. There's a bed against the left wall which you find to be odd. It doesn't seem old either, it looks like a modern-style bed. The coffin in the floor, however, looks like it came straight out of the 1800s.
You click off your flashlight and slip it into your bag before stepping quietly over to the coffin reaching reach for the lid, unsure of what you'll find inside. Your fingers grab hold of a notch in the top pulling up on the lid only to find it completely empty.
What?
If he's not in there then that means...

"It's rude to break into other people's houses."

Every muscle in your body tenses in surprise before you spin around to face the person who just spoke. A man stands mere inches away and you can't help but wonder how long he had been there, as you never heard anyone enter the room. You take a step back to put some space between the both of you.
The man's sharp eyes were pointed directly at you as he waited for you to speak. Even with one of his eyes being partially covered by his dark bangs, you could still see the way his eyes bore into yours. He donned modern attire consisting of a black silk shirt and a velvet suit in a deep red color, the whole outfit looking very vampirish.
He tilts his head to the side, gazing down at you with twisted amusement swirling behind his brown irises.

"I-" Suddenly you're at a loss for words, unable to form a sentence. "You're... real." You managed to sputter out.
"Yes I'm real. What were you expecting?"
You were simply too shocked to speak.
"Red eyes?" He inquired. His brown irises changed to a rich deep crimson color. "Fangs?" He smirked showing off a pair of razor sharp elongated canines that would surely draw blood at the slightest touch.
You can only stare at him with wide eyes as disbelief hits you like a wave. Yes, you came here looking for a vampire, but you didn't think you'd actually find one.
Out of pure fascination, your hand unconsciously moves towards his face. He stops your actions in a millisecond, grabbing your wrist with his cold hand.
"What do you think you're doing?" He asked sharply.
Again, you can only stare.
At your silence, he brings your hand up to his face, ghosting lips ghost over your wrist.
"You smell delightful." He whispered, feeling your pulse beneath his lips.
This snapped you back to reality, making you and jerk your hand away.
"I didn't come here to get eaten, okay?"
His eyes widen, surprised that you not only spoke up, but did it so boldly. Despite that, he was quick to keep his composure.
"Then what did you come here for?" He inquired.
"I... heard rumors. I just wanted to see if they were true."
"Well, are they?"
"It appears so."
He glanced away for a moment and you could see his crimson eyes fade back to brown.
"Alright then." He turns away.
"Wait."
He glanced over his shoulder at you.
"I'm not done."
"Done with what?"
"I want to ask you some questions."
His thick brows pull together in mild confusion as he turns towards you.
"You want to ask me questions?" He inquired.
"Yes." You answer confidently, standing up straighter.
"Why? You want information so you can go tell your little human friends and they'll send the cops after me? You think a big mob of brave people like you will come and try to kill me?" He asked.
"No. I want information for myself because I'm interested in learning about you."
You could tell he was surprised by the way the confident expression on his face faltered. It seemed as if no one had ever said that to him.
"Very well then." He answers calmly despite the look of shock that flashes briefly across his features.
He swiftly exited the room, leaving you standing alone.
"Aren't you coming?" You hear him call from afar.
Your feet begin to move forward as you step out of the bedroom and follow him down the hallway. Trailing quietly behind the vampire, your eyes move to the many doorways lining the seemingly endless corridor, wondering what lies behind the doors.