Hongjoong ✦ Vampire

Do not steal or repost my edits

Published: January 31, 2020
Rewritten: December 29, 2022

Word count: 4,782

This book is 14+ ONLY. If you're under 14, please exit this book. If you don't respect this personal boundary, you will be blocked.

The sky was dark, tiny stars sitting in the atmosphere, dotting the vast space above

The sky was dark, tiny stars sitting in the atmosphere, dotting the vast space above. The sun had been down for quite some time and the temperature was dropping by the minute, the cool night air starting to nip at your fingertips. The sound of your shoe soles tapping lightly against the pavement echoed down the vacant streets. You had been to a small get-together at your friend's apartment and was heading home much later than you originally planned, which you were currently beating yourself up over. You told yourself when you left your house that you wouldn't stay later than 7 PM, yet here you are, walking home in the dark at 8:30 PM, all because you lost track of time. Maybe you should have asked to stay the night. It really isn't safe for you to be out alone after dark.
There have been some pretty brutal attacks happening lately in your city; horrific murders that had everyone too scared to leave their houses after sunset. The worst part was, no one knew who the murderer was—however, you had a sneaking suspicion. The reports on TV say that the victims have been drained completely of blood, left for dead in dark, vacant places like alleyways and even in the woods. It might sound crazy, but you're almost certain these attacks are vampire attacks. You're a firm believer in the existence of vampires and because of that, you'd like to be home right now, safe inside your house and not stuck out here walking this shadowy street alone. You should have just driven yourself to your friend's place, but she doesn't live far away so you didn't worry too much about walking there. Looking back, you see that you made a terrible mistake.

On a positive note, you began to recognize the buildings around you, which thankfully meant you were getting close to home. Perhaps luck was on your side after all.
As you got further down the street, you began to get an eerie feeling that crept up on you and you swore you could hear a second pair of footsteps, though you hoped it was just your imagination—but just in case it wasn't, you quickened your pace.
You know being paranoid about getting attacked by a vampire is nonsensical. What are the odds you'd get attacked by one? One would assume the chances are low, right? It's more likely than you think and that's why you always worry.

The footsteps behind you seemed to get louder, letting you know it wasn't your imagination, and even worse—you weren't alone. Out of panic, you moved faster, the steps behind you going at a quicker pace as well. You spun around, wanting to get a look at the person following you, but no one was there.
You heaved a heavy sigh of relief, your shoulders sagging.
Maybe I was imagining it. You thought to yourself.
You turn back around only to come face to face with a man you had never seen before. Your body flinched in response and you took a step away from the stranger who seemed to have appeared out of nowhere.
His dark hair was messily slicked back and the sides were shaved into a fade. His eyebrow had an X shape shaved into it, giving him an edgy vibe. He seemed kind of intimidating, especially in the leather jacket and all black ensemble he wore. His all over appearance screamed danger.