34

"Find a heart that will love you at your worst and arms that will hold you at your weakest." -Unknown

Dashaun POV:

I've been looking for jobs recently. You know with me recently getting accepted into UCLA your boy needs money. Chris said he got me but I want to depend on me.

"Funny, this is the same school Jay and I said we wouldn't apply to." I thought out loud as I looked at my acceptance letter.

"Why?" My mom looked in my direction.

"Nothing." I chuckled thinking about the conversation that took place when we were high.

"When's the last time you spoke to him?"

"I talked to him a few days ago. I was telling him, he needs to come visit."

"He does I miss him."

"Yeah me too."

"Aye you ready to go see the apartment"? Chris asked grabbing his keys off the counter.

My mother and I answered silently by following him to the car.

It was damn near a two hour drive since Chris wants to live like the grinch. Not forgetting Royalty had to take 3 piss breaks.

"Why aren't you staying on campus?" Royalty asked.

"Just encase any of you wanna come visit. I don't have to follow dormitory policies in my own apartment." I answered.

"Okay Dashaun. You know I rarely get soft with you. Matter fact get out the car so I can look at you." Chris spoke as he took off his seat belt. "Mya leave the stuff we'll come back and get it later."

"Wassup?" I was confused.

"D yes these are the apartments we looked at. But the gag is I called back and made some changes. I- I'll just let you see it."

This man was so excited. The anticipation rose as we hiked up the flight of stairs.

He handed me the keys with a big grin plastered on his face.

I eagerly unlocked it to a beautiful modern apartment.

"You can change the theme or whatever

"You can change the theme or whatever. I just tried to resemble ya moms set up in y'all home in Atlanta."

"No I love it. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Best dad anyone could ask for." I teared up.

"Man you know I got you for life. The day you stumbled high into my presence I knew that wasn't gonna be a meet and greet relationship. Life long. Everlasting bromance." Chris choked up as he hugged me.

"Awww." Mya smiled.

"Wait go look at ya room!" He pushed me off of him.

I hesitantly walked to the room labeled "D."