9

"Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew." -Cicely Tyson

A month later.

Mya POV:

So I'm now dating Jordan, ya know the light skin gynecologist. After Chris and I sent each other's phones back, we talked everyday for a week straight then all of a sudden my calls and messages were blocked. About a week later I see him in the Shaderoom boo'd up with some Asian chick. I knew deep down he just used me for the meanwhile, I was just one of his little flings.

"Baby." Jordan said knocking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah." I said looking at him.

"The waitress asked you what did you want to drink." He chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I'll have a Raspberry Lemonade." I said looking at the waitress. Her name tag read Anne.

"Okay I'll be back." She clasped her hands together and left.

"You good?" Jordan asked grabbing my hand.

"Yeah, I was thinking."

"About what?"

"You." I lied.

"What about me?" He smiled.

"How wonderful you are." I leaned over kissing him.

That was the truth... he is wonderful. He cares about me and my son. He always makes sure I'm good. He even met and talked to my parents when he took Dashaun over there for me. His sex game is amazing, but it's one thing holding me back. Christopher. No it's not even about his money, I have my own. It's just something being around the person you used to hate but grown a lot of love for. I don't know only a fan of Chris's can understand how I feel.

"Thank you, you're not bad yourself."

As we ate we made romantic glances at each other. I really like him. I just need to forget about Chris.

Chris POV:

"Dad." Royalty whined coming in my room.

"When did you start calling me dad?" I asked looking at her pausing the game I missed last night.

"Uhh since right now." She said in a duh tone.

"Girl I'm your daddy, no sass talk." I recited my lyrics.

"You're so corny." She laughed making me laugh.

"I know, but what you want?"

"Can I go to the mall with Kristen?" She asked getting in the bed.

Kristen has been her bestfriend since they were 5.

"Y'all just went to the mall last weekend. What could you possibly need now?"

"These multi-colored vans just came out and I neeeeed them. See look at them." She said showing me a picture.