20

"You demand respect and you'll get it. First of all, you give respect." -Mary J. Blige

The following day.

Chris POV:

"So shall we talk?" Mya smiled clasping her hands together.

We were at IHOP eating breakfast.

"Why you ain't talk to us for that long?" Ro asked cutting her French toast.

"Because I felt like that tape would've ruined ya dads image. Then I'm scared to love again. To be completely honest I still love my first love. I know it's sad, he put me through hell and back but I still have a soft spot for him. And I don't want you to do me the same way. I want to love you but I don't want you to put me through hell and I continue to let you do me however you want." She was now looking and talking straight to me.

The kids were just staring at me waiting for my response. I honestly didn't expect her to say that it from of them. That's usually a talk the adults just have.

"Um well- I don't know, I appreciate you being honest with me. Because I don't want to jump into another relationship and you still love another man. That's something you guys have to sit down and talk about. Just know I'll prove to you that I won't be that man he was to you."

"Okay." She smiled.

"But..." I started. "Have you thought about moving?"

"I want her to move so she won't be alone." Dashaun said.

"See, he want you to go." I said.

"Yeah just come you'll love it there." Ro chimed in.

"But were not dating?"

"That don't matter I got a big ass house with empty rooms, you can stay in one. I just want you out there so we see each other more. Cause this flying shit all the time is for the birds I already do it enough." I shut that down.

"What about my job?"

"Ma now you making excuses. You know you don't like that job. You been there all them years and you still uncomfortable." D intervened.

"See, you don't need that job, I got you." I smiled.

"Yeah you can get with him and break up and he'll stay pay where ever you stay at because you moved so many miles just to be with him." Ro said.

"She's right, I haven't done that with none of my exes because they stayed there. With you it's different."

"Before you guys go back home I'll have my answer. I promise."

"You better or we gone have a problem." I eyed her down.

"Yeah yeah." She chuckled.

After we finished there we went to Dave & Busters.

"I think they're crushing on each other." Mya nudged me in Ro and Dashaun's direction.

Royalty was smiling as he whispered something in here ear.

"I know Dashaun is a good kid for her BUT-"