36

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." -Mae West

Mya POV:

I was cooking breakfast for Ro & I when I heard the door open.

"Mya." His raspy voice called out to me.

"Good morning." I didn't even bother to turn around.

"Listen-."

"It's fine Chris. I truly appreciate you trying to make it right but it's fine." I stated sternly. "Royalty your food is ready!" I yelled.

I heard the patter of her feet. "Hello father." She said dryly.

"Can you please not do this right now?" He begged.

"Ro it's fine. It's your father. Don't hold a grudge for me."

It was silent after that.

Until Ro cleared her throat.

"Mya I don't care if you say it's fine because it isn't." She said while cutting her pancakes. She then turned her attention to me. "It sucks because you promise all these things & you'll be doing so good. Then you go screw it up." She paused to chew. "Now what if she left? What were you gonna do to get her back? Buy a purse? She literally uprooted for you & this is how you repay her." She shook her head, taking her plate upstairs.

"Here you go?" Mya handed me a plate.

"Thank you." I mustered up with tears in my eyes.

I sat my plate down & walked up to Mya as she was getting her a plate out the cabinet. She then to turned to me & I just grabbed her face to kiss her.

 She then to turned to me & I just grabbed her face to kiss her

"I'm so sorry baby. I swear. I don't want to just say what I'm gonna do to fix this. I'm gonna show you. I love you Mya."

Her eyes darted back & forth into my gaze. I seen the tears welling up in her eyes. That crushed my soul because she really doesn't like people to see her cry.

"I love you too." She sighed letting a tear fall. "I wanted to leave so bad but I had nowhere to go. I also couldn't leave Royalty in the house here alone. I don't need another reason for your mom to hate me."

"I understand. I'm sorry I put you in a position where you felt as if you needed to stay. I royally screwed up & I understand if you don't trust me. I'm okay with you putting me on a leash."

"You're a grown as man. I'm not your mother and you aren't a minor. I'm not about to clock your every move. You just said you'd show me. So do just that. I shouldn't have to control your life for you to do right."

I simply just hugged her tight as I could. After a minute or so of hesitation she hugged me back.

"Thank you." I whispered.

She didn't say anything back. Instead she pulled back & gave a slight smile while continuing to make her plate.

After I ate my cold food I went up to Ro's room.

"Psst." I whispered coming in her room.

"Yes?"

"Can I talk to you?"

She then locked her phone & looked at me to indicate she was listening.

"Listen I know you love Mya just as much as I do. I know it messed with your mental that she might just up & leave. For that... I apologize baby. I swear I do. I apologize for putting our blended family in jeopardy. I spoke to Mya-."

"I heard." She cut me off. "It's okay. Just please get it together. It was hard for me to go to school because, I thought I would come back home to an empty house. Thank the man upstairs Mya isn't like that."

"I know..." I trailed off as I looked around her room.

"I love you. I'm also sorry for hanging up on you. Despite what ya going through it was still rude."

"It's okay I understood. I love you as well." I said as I stood up. "You know how much I love you?"

"How much?" She smiled eagerly. "Did you get me a gift?"

"Didn't you- you just- what? You just insinuated I would get Mya a purse. Now you asking about a gift."

"Listen we have different relationships w/ you. She can leave anytime she wants. You can't get rid of me. I could always go for a gift as much as I put up with." She laughed.

"You're right." I smiled. "I did get you a gift." I said making her eyes light up. "Lemme go get it."

Royalty POV:

As I waited in anticipation I played with my fingers. Then my father popped his head in.

"You ready?" He smiled causing me to nod. "Clean your room. That's it. That's the gift."

He fell out laughing

"You are such a dad." I laughed lightly. I can't stand him.

Dashaun POV:

"Bro should I have this talk with her over the phone?"

"I'm gonna act like you didn't just ask me that." Jakob laughed as he made himself a sandwich.

"What? I'm worried I'm gonna see her in person & not speak on the situation."

"Why you acting like a bitch?"

I lightly laughed. "I'm not shes just young & she has no experience in this realm. She might assume I'm just tryna fuck on the girls here."

"Lemme see ya phone." He held his hand out.

Me trusting my friend handed him my phone. Unlocked. I have a feeling about to regret this.

He thought to himself for a minute then began typing as he took a bite of his sandwich.

"What are you doing?"

"Okay so this is what I said." He paused to take another bite. "Hey Ro this weekend if you're free this weekend let me know. We need to talk about the future of our relationship or whatever you want to call this since we never really addressed that." He then looked at me for approval.

"I mean yeah I guess that's good it'll help me not back track."

"Exactly. See? What would you do without me?" He laughed.

"Go to hell." I snatched my phone back sending the message.

To be continued...

I really appreciate you guys for sticking around.

Vote & allat. ❤️