31

"If you don't like what is being said, then change the conversation." -Jon Hamm

Mya POV:

"I love you. Like I really do." I told Chris for the seem like the hundredth time.

"As much as you've said it, it still feels so surreal." He smiled over at me, then put his focus back on the road.

We were on our way back home. Sadly. Well technically not we were excited to tell the kids the good news.

We pulled into the driveway, greeting the security on the way in.

"I'll get our bag later." Chris said grabbing my hand.

I unlocked the door to the smell of bacon.

"We're home!" Chris yelled.

"Hey daddy, hey Mya. The transformer blew last night but the back up generator kicked in after a couple hours." Royalty spoke flipping the bacon.

"They home? Oh hey y'all." Dashaun came downstairs.

"Hey baby." I kissed his head.

"Y'all good though right? Why didn't y'all call when it went out?" I asked.

"Because the power went out that means no WiFi. Are you dumb?" Royalty spoke in a slowed voice.

"Don't get slapped lil girl." Chris threatened.

"How was y'all date?" She ignored him.

"It was amazing baby thanks for asking." I smiled. "We also have some good news."

"Let me guess y'all starting dating. Whoopie. We already knew that was gonna happen." D laughed.

"Y'all real smart acting this morning. Y'all begging to get y'all asses beat." Chris spoke darting his eyes between them, making them laugh.

"Yaw." Royalty mocked his country accent.

"Y'all really reckless." I laughed. "But yes we are dating. We know y'all young and gone like what y'all like. But! We can't have y'all dating it's just weird. We don't mind harmless flirting, but no physical affection. Understand?"

Dashaun POV:

To late for that. My tongue was all in her last night.

"Yes." We answered in sync.

"Good. Now if we don't work out then by all means do what the fuck y'all please. Except fucking. That shit dead. I'll kill both of y'all." Chris added as my mom nodded in agreement.

"That all?" Royalty asked as she handed me my plate.

"Yeah we finna go shower and then we can go out somewhere as a family."

Once we heard the room door close we kissed each other passionately.

"Thanks for the breakfast."

"You deserved it." She chuckled.

She was scrolling on her phone laughing at things until she stopped and froze. It looked like she saw a ghost.

Chris POV:

"I don't think we were hard on them. They'll be okay." I said.

"Yeah we just had to be parents and politically correct about the situation. No matter if they are related or not. It's still weird."

"For sure."

We listened to the demos for the 'Indigo' album as we got ready.

"What's the name of this?"