Chapter 26: So Was I

A few days later.

Sean and Lucia were doing some wedding planning together.

"We're getting close to the big day, my Dear," Sean smiled.

"I know," Lucia grinned. "I'm excited. Have you decided on a best man?"

"I have. Denny."

"Oh, that's wonderful," Lucia smiled.

"I thought maybe you'd be happy about that."

"I am. Thank you."

Sean kissed her cheek.

"So, we have the cake sampling in an hour, and we'll have to go from there to a couple different florists to get rough prices," Lucia nodded. "And we still have to decide on a location. I was thinking the butterfly garden would be beautiful. There's also a huge sunflower field nearby. Or, if you're thinking indoors, there's this gorgeous ballroom on Main Street. It's a little pricey, but my father knows the landlord, so I think we could get a discount."

Sean nodded.

"Which would you prefer?"

"I'll have to see them."

"Fair enough," Lucia smiled. "What colors did we decide on? Pale yellow and light blue?"

"Yeah. Nice complimentary colors."

"Perfect."

Sean nodded. "I think it'll be very nice."

"Me too," Lucia grinned. "Oh, hey, do you want to see my dress?"

"You'll show me? Before the wedding?" Sean asked in surprise.

"Well, I know you've been wanting to see it," Lucia smiled. "However, some guys do choose to wait until their bride is walking down the aisle. It's entirely up to you."

"I'll wait."

"Okay," Lucia chuckled, kissing his cheek. "Do you want to go to the bakery now? Our appointment isn't for an hour, but the old lady who runs it is so sweet that she said if we wanted to, we could go in earlier."

"Yeah, let's go do that and we'll grab a bite to eat after."

"Something tells me we'll be too full," Lucia chuckled. "Their cake is really good."

Sean smiled and grabbed the keys to his car. "Come on."

Lucia kissed his cheek and they drove off.

—————

Denny set his keys on the counter and gave a sigh. It was weird to not have anyone to hang with.

Sean and Lucia were busy planning the wedding, and Jonah was out to lunch with Monica. Who did that leave Denny? No one.

"I need more friends," he sighed.

As he went to make himself a sandwich, there was a knock on at the front door.

"Coming!" He called out before going to answer it. He opened the door to see Paisley standing in the hallway. "Paisley?"

Paisley grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pressed a firm kiss to his lips. "I was wrong," she said once she pulled away. "I was wrong and I'm sorry. I do love you, Denny. I love you so much."

Denny blinked, taken a back by surprise. "Why?"

"Because you're amazing and perfect."

"I am not. You turned me down. That proves I'm not."