Chapter 8: Leonardo Matthews

"Hey, Jonah," Lucia smiled, sitting down in her normal seat. "How are you?"

"I'm fine."

"Good," Lucia nodded. "Denny will come sit with us as soon as he finishes work. Monica's out with her boyfriend."

"Are you and Denny really together?"

"What?" Lucia laughed. "Denny's basically my little brother. We aren't dating."

"Oh, I see."

"I only said that we were because I didn't want that cocky Kyle guy to know that I'm single."

"Oh."

"Something the matter?"

"No, no." Jonah picked up the newspaper.

Lucia sighed and checked her phone for messages. "Oh my god."

"What?"

"M-my dad's in the hospital," Lucia stammered. "I have to go."

Jonah stood up. "Need me to drive? I'll come with you."

"Thank you," Lucia nodded.

Jonah and his friend quickly left, got in his car, and drove to the hospital. He dropped her off at the front before going to park so she could get a head start.

Lucia ran inside and went to the front desk. "Hi. I'm looking for Leonardo Matthews' room."

"Down the hall. Second door on the left."

"Thank you," Lucia nodded, hurrying off. She ran to the door and peeked in. "Hi, Daddy," she said softly. "What happened?"

"Fell down some stairs," Leonardo shrugged. "The maid heard the crash and insisted that I come here."

"God, Daddy, you could have killed yourself," Lucia sighed.

"But I didn't," Leonardo chuckled. "Besides, I don't really need to be there. The hospital just wants to rack up my bill."

"You should put it on Denny's tab," Lucia giggled.

"I would if I weren't terribly rich," Leonardo laughed.

"Then you could help Denny out. We've been here so much," Lucia sighed. "I'm so glad you're okay, Daddy."

"Thank you, Sweetheart," Leonardo smiled, hugging her tightly.

Jonah knocked on the door before entering.

"Daddy, you remember my friend Jonah, right?" Lucia smiled.

"I do. It's good to see you again, Mr. Swinson."

"Hello, Mr. Matthews."

"Jonah, could you call Monica and Denny and let them know where we are?" Lucia sighed.

Jonah took his cell phone outside and made the calls quickly before returning.

"Thanks, JoJo," Lucia smiled.

Jonah winced and nodded.

"Something wrong?" Leonardo chuckled. "JoJo?"

Jonah huffed.

Lucia laughed quietly. "Is Denny coming?"

"Yeah. His shift ends in an hour."

"And Monica?"

"I left a message. She hasn't answered the last few times I called."

"Figures," Lucia sighed.

"But she'll get it."