XXVII

A/N: Please read the note at the end!

This was it.

Hendery sat hunched over, hands working as he tied his boots tightly. He sat alongside one of the younger boys who's leg bounced, causing the bench they both sat on to move along with him.

The older boy turned to the latter, concern etched on his face, "you ok there, Chenle?"

The boy looked up, shrugging his shoulders as he replied, "I'm great? Why?"

Hendery exhaled through his nose, "you don't seem 'great."

Chenle folded inward on himself as Hendery nodded to where Chenles leg shook a mile a minute.

"Just a little nervous... that's all"

Hendery nodded, "me too..." he whispered.

Everyone was nervous, even if they didn't want to admit it. They were going in blind, not to mention half the team didn't quite see eye to eye with one another.

As Hendery and Chenle sat in a new found silence, around the room the others were also preparing for their first of many missions.

"What do you think they'll look like?"

Doyoungs head snapped up at the sudden voice in his ear, "excuse me?"

"The creatures... if we see any. What do you think they'll look like?" Jungwoo was sat with his back against the bench, his butt on the floor.

They'd been briefed that they will encounter some guards at the warehouse they were going to raid. Mr. Kim also slipped in that there may or may not be other worldly beings on the premise.

Doyoung shrugged, his fingers working on the sleeve of his combat suit, "I don't know, maybe the same ones Jaemin and Sooyoung saw."

Jungwoo nodded before he mumbled, "I hope everything goes well..." Jungwoo knew that they were all ready to do this but that didn't mean he was sure all of his teammates felt the same way.

Everyone one was thinking it, even Taeyong and he was one of their leaders. He'd never admit it out loud, but he knew tensions were rising between the boys. He also knew if he didn't do something soon they would never get anywhere as agents or a team.

What kind of team has teammates who would rather go in alone than go in as a unit? Taeyong does know how everything happened, but he, for the life of him, can't figure out how to get everyone on the same page.

Maybe this mission could be it. Maybe putting everyone in a serious situation will allow for everyone to realize their differences and put them aside while they were in the field.

But Taeyong and everyone else knows that was not going to happen.

As Dr. Lee led everyone down to the garage located in the basement, the words of the president rang in his ears.

"You send them in. They retrieve the antibiotics. You get them the hell out of there and then send them to their capsules. You say it's a routine injection. You place saline in the other twenty one capsules and place the antibiotics in Mr. Na's. Check him regularly and after that, everything should be good."

Dr.Lee nodded as Mr.Kim spoke, "sir, do we know exactly what caused the clot to form."

The big man nodded, "it was from the scratch... whatever substance that creature had in or under his talons was enough for a blood clot like obstruction to form in that boys chest. The antibiotics should shrink it in no time. It was most likely a substance from their own planet."