XXVIII

Almost perfect.

"You almost fucking killed me!" Mark threw himself towards the fire wielder, all of his morals and control flying out the window.

Johnny tried, but he wasn't fast enough to grab the younger male before he had a strong hold on the collar of Haechans suit.

"You little shit! I get it you don't like me but come on Donghyuck! We're supposed to be on the same team!" Mark shook the younger vigorously, as if his loud voice wasn't enough to freak the kid out.

Donghyucks cheeks flushed with anger as he shoved mark back with all his strength.

"I didn't try to kill your stupid ass! I saved it! There was a straggler and he almost got you! What if I hadn't seen you? Huh?! What could've happened?! You could've been scratched or worse!" Donghyuck was breathless as everyone listened on.
"You talk all this shit about being a team when you're the worst 'team player' here!" Donghyuck pointed an accusing finger in Marks direction.

By now Mr. Kim and Dr. Lee had entered the room, confused as to why anyone was upset. They'd completed their mission and no one seemed to be hurt this was a good thing.

"You always assume that I'm out to get you!" Mark gave Haechan a look. "Ok... sometimes I do like to get on your nerves, but I would never try and get you seriously hurt with my powers!"

Mark scoffed, his eyes rolling. He knew better than to believe anything that came out of Donghyucks mouth. "Whatever." He mumbled.

Now it was Haechans turn to scoff, "unbelievable... no wonder we can't be a team." With that he stormed out of the room and into the hall.

"You know, he's telling the truth," it was Sooyoung who spoke first. She stood up from her spot next to yuta on a bench and followed the young boy into the hall. "I saw the Lacer almost grab you, I even aimed my gun at it, but Haechan was quicker."

As she left, everyone slowly moved to get dressed and head home. Though they didn't have school the next day, it didn't mean they weren't tired. Plus, it was well past midnight.

"Well... other than that, congratulations. You all did well and deserve the weekend. We'll see you on Monday. Get home safe."

Sooyoung shuffled down the busy halls the next Monday, body still aching from the past Friday's events.

She'd done well, and proved to not only the team, but herself that she could keep up with the boys, even if she didn't have her powers down yet.

As she walked, she entered the cafeteria as always. Looking around, she didn't see her normal group of friends. Pulling out her phone, Sooyoung shot a quick text to Yerin. It wasn't like them to not be there before Sooyoung, she was always a little late even if she didn't like to be.

As she sat waiting for a response, a pile of books slammed onto the table in front of her. Head popping up, Sooyoung looked at Johnny with a questioning stare.

"What?"

Sooyoung looked around at the other students, who seemed to have found great interest in what was happening at her table.

"Why are you sitting here?"

Johnnys face scrunched at her words, Sooyoung instantly regretting how the sentence had came out.

"That's not what I meant... I meant why are you sitting with me and not your friends?"

Johnny's expression didn't change as he spoke, "are we not friends?" He took his backpack off and placed it on the seat adjacent to him. Finally sitting down in his own seat, he smiled waiting for the girl to answer.