XXXIV

"Just be careful, Yuta!"

Said boy couldn't hear anymore warnings when his feet hit the grated upper level of the warehouse. He'd been up in the air using his automatic as groups of lacers huddled around him on the ground, trying to reach up and grab him. While up there, he'd noticed  a lot of Lacer movement in and out of one particular room down an adjacent hall.

Yuta moved swiftly down the landing, approaching a door that sat a jar at the end of the building. As he got closer, he could hear two distinct voices coming from behind the slightly opened door.

"We need to get out of here, we've seen enough." A male.

"But what about the girl... we've come all this way to what? Leave empty handed?" A female.

Yutas eyes widened, "Sooyoung," he whispered as he took a few more steps closer, wanting to put faces to voices. He moved so that he could peek inside, but wasn't expecting someone to be waiting, looking back at him with a cat like grin. The boy gasped as he stepped back, almost hitting the wall across, his element of surprise completely thrown out the window.

He stumbled back further as the door opened wider, revealing a slender blonde. The female. She was older, tall and wore a tailored suit similar to the one himself and the other agents wore. It looked like something for a Sci-fi movie.

"Good evening, Mr. Nakamoto," her voice was sweet like honey when she spoke, her hollowed cheeks creasing as her smile only grew when the boy paled.

"H-how do you know-," Yuta stumbled over his words.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you that it's rude to eavesdrop?"

The boy couldn't answer before a group of lacers came out of the office, surrounding him. The lady- whoever she was- backed away and let the creatures move in. Yuta snapped back to reality when a sharp jab came to his gut. "Oof," he stumbled, but quickly regained his stance before sending a kick to the nearest Lacer. Yuta let anther one run up and swing at him, only to grab and lock the creature in a choke hold. He used that Lacer as leverage to knock over two more on his left, leaving only a few left.

He pulled out one of his hidden weapons, a sharp dagger, that was strapped to his left calf. He used the blade to swipe at the Lacers, giving the creatures a couple of nasty gashes on their bodies. They let out loud screams before their counterparts came in on either side of the boy. Kicks and punches flew as Yuta took on the two at once with mild difficulty. One of the lacers grabbed the boy's arm, allowing Yuta to swing them around and into the other, taking both of them out. They had moved down the hall and back into the main room of the ware house, giving the agent more room to maneuver.

"Impressive," the females voice made Yuta turn around. She was propped up against a few crates, having watch the entire fight from there. "You're combat skills are good, but not perfect. I'll give you the benefit, since you've only been training for half a year."

Yuta was still catching his breath as his mind raced. Who was this woman and who was she working with? And what did she want with Sooyoung? "Who are you?" He gasped as the woman pushed off the boxes. She moved closer to him, but before he could even ready himself, the blonde sent a powerful roundhouse to his face.

The kick sent Yuta to the ground, "bitch," he mumbled as he felt liquid drip down to his lip from his nose. He moved to wipe it, smearing it across his cheek before standing on wobbly legs. He wasn't up long before the blonde surged forward into his space. She threw punches and jabs at the boy while he did his best to block them.

Her movements were agile and unforgiving. She landed every hit, each one sending Yuta back towards the drop off. His back was close to hitting the railing and his hands went back to grasp the cool metal. She stayed a few inches away, barley winded as she eyed him.