XXII

"And you're sure it's eyes were gold?"

Jaemin nodded his head quickly, his sweaty palms still clasped together in front of him.
It was Tuesday, a day the trainees didn't have to come into the company, but Jaemin knew he had to tell someone of his findings.

He now sat in Mr.Kims office as the man listened intently to the boy's description of the creature he saw.

"Well Mr.Na, I can positively tell you you're not crazy."

Jaemin released a content sigh, his mind easing only slightly. The boy shifted in his seat.

"So... what did I see?"

Mr. Kim looked at Jaemin with a sad smile, "something we wished you wouldn't have so soon, but this is something important and I'm glad that it didn't go unnoticed."

Mr. Kim closed the red file folder that he had been flipping through moments ago, "I'm also glad you told me and that you're safe."

Jaemin nodded slowly, "was it-"

Before the boy could finish his question, Mr. Kim nodded and sighed.

"Yes, it was. Now, let's take a look at that arm."

"Now when we go on the road to this game next week, don't let these guys intimidate you."

The knights basketball team stood in a tight huddle around its team captain. They had a huge game the following week against their biggest rivals.

"Now those Tigers are going to try and get in your head while your on the court. Ignore them and play like you always do."

Jisung shifted his weight from his right leg to his left. The boy stood between his teammates, eyes running along the boys that stood around their varsity captain.

He listened intently as the man in the middle, Jaehyun, spoke loud and intensely to his team.

"Alright boys, break into your teams and work on your drills. We'll regroup at 7:30."

All the boys clapped together, dispersing to their respective sides of the gym.

Jisung, being the captain of the Freshman team, approached his teammates and gave them all a warm smile.

"Alright guys, you heard cap. Lets get started."

Though he was the youngest, all the boys had incredible respect for Jisung. If you'd seen the boy in class, you'd see that he was shy, timid, and an all around wall flower.

But on the court, that's were Jisung showed his true colors. He was confident, energetic, and a bit of a show off. Jisung was good, one of the best in the school, and Jaehyun knew he would make varsity his second year. If it wasn't for school policy, the boy would've been on the upperclassman team as a freshman.

As the teams practiced, Jaehyun kept his eyes out for inconsistencies. While watching the junior varsity team, the captain noticed a certain boy with his head not in the game.

"Jeno!"

Said boy looked up from where he stood on the three point line. His eyes found Jaehyun by a set of bleachers and he began making his way over to him.

"What's up cap?"

Jaehyun looked the boy up and down, taking in his physical appearance.

"Are you taking care of yourself, Jeno?"

The boys eyes widened slightly, "yes sir. I mean I'm busy and all bu-"

"Jeno, I'm not asking as your captain. I'm asking as your friend," Jaehyun voice softened, "and your teammate."