XII

"Does this mean we'll have to quit the team?"

The three boys stood outside of the large stadium as they waited for a black vehicle they knew would be arriving soon.

"I don't know Mark, we might... we'll have to ask Dr. Lee or Mr. Kim if it'll be possible to play and do all of this." Johnny didn't know what else to say, nor did he have the energy to keep the conversation up. He hadn't slept the past night, his mind to busy running wild with different thought of what could come of all of this.

"I don't want to though, Ive worked too hard to be on the team this year, it wouldn't be fair." Mark knew he how he sounded, but he wasn't going to give up his spot on the Varsity team that easily. He had spent countless days and wasted too many summers to not play the entire season this year. He and Xiao Jun were the only two freshman on the team, seeing as they had the same skill levels as one another and kept the same pace as the others on the upper level team.

" I know it'll be hard Mark, but this is really serious, we can always play next year, we may never get another opportunity like this one."

Xiao Jun had a valid point, but it still didn't lessen the sick feeling the other freshman had in his tummy. It would take some time for him to accept this new change if it came to that, but maybe he could do both.

As Mark began think his new theory through, an unmarked large black suburban pulled up alongside the curb. A day ago, this would've caused the boys to panic, but now they willingly open the door and pile themselves inside. They weren't alone, a few other boys were already seated in the far back seats as two agents occupied the front.

It was quiet as the car began to pull away, none of the boys really being aquatinted with one another. Johnny couldn't stand the stuffy quiet ride for longer than ten minutes. He had to say something. Anything.

"So... how is everyone?" Johnny turned his head so he could look at the people who sat behind them. He'd seen them on campus, maybe in a class or two, but never in a situation where they had spoken to one another.

"As good as I can be with all of this, I guess." It was the boy on johnny's far left that spoke first, causing all the boys in the middle row to turn around.

"I'm Doyoung by the way."

"Hey," Xiao jun started, "you all work at that really good coffee shop don't you." The three boys began to nod with small smiles as the two youngest boys both gushed over their regular orders.

"Well I'm Johnny, this is Mark and Xiao Jun."

"This is Kun and Jungwoo, it's nice to meet a few of you guys." Doyoung smiled softly at the boy in front of him. He knew it was going to be difficult for all the boys to integrate themselves into one another's lives, but he figured they would have to do it eventually. Might as well get a head start.

"So what cool powers do you guys have," Mark slung his arm across his row of seats, making Johnny hate himself for taking the middle one as the freshman leaned his much smaller figure against the door of the car.

"We haven't really tried... well I haven't at least. I didn't hear anything break last night so I'm assuming neither did you two. But maybe I'm wrong." It was jungwoo who spoke as he maneuvered his own body to lean back. Doyoung nodded his head but the other boy kept still, his eyes locked with the leather on the back of the middle row of seats.

"What about you Kun? Did you try anything last night?" Doyoung himself knew the latter had discovered his ability, making him the only one of the friends to have any balls. His room is right across the hall, on the opposite side of the apartment from Jungwoos. He hadn't heard anything because it was too far for his ears to register, but Doyoung has heard the faint curse and the dropping of an object around ten o clock the night before.