XXXII

Johnny: He's on the sixth floor, apartment 701.
Johnny: I don't know if he'll be at home or not. He might be at the school if you can't find him there :)

Sooyoung locked her phone as she tilted her head back, eyeing the older building. It was roughly four miles from school, not far from the company either. The streets were quiet, everyone either still working or enjoying quality time with their families.

Walking in, the smell of pine-sol and lavender welcomed her into the aged lobby and over to the metal door of the stairs.

The girl could have easily taken the elevator up, but felt the stairs were a better option. It gave her more time to think of what she was going to talk to Taeyong about. How she could possibly get to her point without making her self look even more immature and naive than she already had.

After their little yelling match in the range the other day, the girl was visibly on edge. She wasn't particularly scared of the male, more of the way he'd see her after tonight. Sooyoung wasn't there for answers, not anymore. She was there to apologize, admit she was wrong and had overstepped.

The guilt had been eating away at her. Seeing the older male at practice the other day had really set her over the top. On the outside, the male seemed completely normal but she could only imagine what was going on his head.

Sooyoung gave three light, yet persistent raps on the door. She backed away, waiting to hear if there were any footsteps she could make out.

After what felt like ages, she tried again, still getting no response. She didn't even hear a TV or radio through the obviously thin walls, another sign no one was home.

With a huff, the girl gave up and turned her back to the elevators, heading towards the stair well at the opposite end of the hall. Slowly moving, she hadn't registered the 'ding' of the lift arriving on her current floor.

"Sooyoung?"

The girl whipped her head around, eyes widening as Taeyong stepped out of the lift. His arms were occupied with grocery bags, keys held with his fingertips.

He looked more surprised than anything, eyes round as he approached his apartment slowly.

Sooyoung froze, mouth agape as she tried to stutter out a response. Taeyong moved closer to the door, his door, before he sighed.

"You're here for your answers?" His tone was sharp and eyes never meeting the girls. But before he could continue, Sooyoung stopped him with a furious shake of her head.

"N-no! No actually I'm just here to apologize... and give you these..."

Taeyong looked down, finally noticing the folders in Sooyoungs hand. The boy slowly placed one of his filled paper bags onto the floor. He took the files, opening the top to see his name and profile, eyebrows raising at the sight. He looked between the girl and the folder before relaxing and giving a tight smile.

"Thank you," he closed the folder and put it between his chest and the bag he still had in his arms.

Sooyoung nodded, slipping her hands into her pocket before taking a casual step back, "again, Taeyong, I'm really sorry for the way I acted. I was out of line and shouldn't have said what I did."

Picking up the other bag, Taeyong sighed, "I owe you one as well. You're right, I'm a leader and the way I acted in the range was rash and childish. I should be setting a better example."

Sooyoung twiddled his fingers before taking a breath, "Well good. Again I'm sorry and I'll get out of your way..." Sooyoung quickly bowed and went to turn around before Taeyong spoke.