XLVIII

In the last chapter~
Good Morning, Mr. Nakamoto," Yo Sangki wore his signature smirk and it took everything in Yuta not to pounce on the mutant. "I assume you slept well, no? Because we've got a lot of questions for you."

Once he was done talking, the two men began to drag the boy out and into the light. Blinded for a few seconds, Yuta's eyes quickly focused on the long, fluorescent lit hallway. The walls were the same as his cell, but this time the floor was also a sleek metal. The boy could not keep up with how many lefts and rights it took to get their destination, but it felt like forever.

"No, please," The boy whimpered as he used all of his strength to fight his way back out of the room. The two men were quick to hold him steady, and they easily maneuvered the boy onto the long body shaped table. Still struggling, Yuta kicked and swung his limbs in anyway he could, but it was all useless. The clinking of metal snapping into place sealed his fate.

"You," Yo Sangki came to step in front of the table, "are going to tell me everything you know about me."Yuta scoffed, "Not happening," he said as he closed his eyes. The lights were overwhelming, giving him a slight headache.
The mutant chuckled, "Oh really... well, We'll just see about that."

"So..." everyone quickly turned to the soft voice, "do we have a plan?" Taeyong looked at the girl on the bed and nodded to her question.

"Yes," Taeyong stated confidently, "but we will have to play by Alpha Gates rules."

"But, we won't stop until we find him," Mr. Kim said. "No matter what we will continue to search. And we will keep all of you in the loop. But please for the love of all things holy- do not go out on your own to do anything. We have good reason to believe we were infiltrated by one of Yo Sangki's minions and they were the one to give you those files."

"And they knew that once you would have figured it out, you would've gone off on your own," Dr. Lee said as he looked at his sheepish daughter. "But this was not a totally bad thing. We were able to collect a lot of samples and evidence from that warehouse that could hopefully help us find Yuta and his captors."

"So for the next few weeks we ask that you all lay low," Mr. Kim said looking around the room. "Take some time to yourself, focus on your studies and have some fun... just be careful, ok-"Cutting the man off, the revolving door that led into Sooyoung room opened once more, this time with another, unfamiliar agent."Mr. Kim, Dr. Lee," the man nodded curtly before handing a manilla folder over to Mr. Kim before leaving the room.

"What is it?" The doctor asked at Mr. Kim as he opened and began scanning over the folder.

"Well i'll be damned," Mr. Kim said as he handed the file to his partner.

"What? Is there a lead?" Taeyong questioned, quickly making his way next to the man with the file.

"No..." Dr. Lee said, a small smile etching onto his features as he showed the papers to the leader. Taeyong quickly scanned the papers before looking between the two business partners, eyes wide with curiosity. "New recruits."

~

Three weeks. It had been three weeks since the warehouse. Three weeks since one of the craziest nights of Sooyoungs life. Three weeks since she came face to face with Yo Sangki and his team. And three weeks since they last saw Yuta. Time seemed to slow down as the days dragged, a constant wave of anxiety and guilt looming in the air of Sooyoung's apartment. She was rarely alone, having her parents, the boys and even her friends stay with her. She had lied to Yerin about what had happened, saying that she had come down with something fierce. Sooyoung was grateful for the company allowing Yerin to visit her, even though she knew she really wasn't supposed to. The two had mainly hung out in her living room watching dramas and movies.