Chapter 39

“Hey Chopper.” I called him as we were about to continue our journey. He hummed and turned, “What is it, Eri?” he asked.

“Can I ask you about something?” I whispered, glancing at Ace’s back, who was stretching up.

“Sure, ask away.” He replied and smiled a bit.

I paused for a moment as I looked around, hoping that no one will eavesdrop and whispered at him, “Do you think I’m sick?”

“Sick!?” he yelled and I shushed him, which unfortunately taking everyone’s attentions. They looked at us and we just grinned nervously before got back to our conversation.

“Not so loud!” I whispered at him and he nodded in understand.

“Sorry.” He apologized softly. “So are you sick? What sickness?” he asked as we started to walk, continuing our journey to Yuba.

“Well,” I started and hummed a bit as I was thinking, “Every time I saw Ace’s smiles and when he’s around, my heartbeats always get faster than usual and my face getting hotter.” I said softly. “And then I really want to see his smiles or see him like that forever.” I finished. “Do you think I’m sick?” I asked as I finished.

He was in deep thought as he heard my statement and I was waiting for him to respond. He finally snapped out from his thoughts and giggled softly before turning to me. “Its okay, Eri, your sickness isn’t that dangerous.” He said with a smile, which confusing me a bit.

“So I’m sick?” I asked and he nodded. “What sickness?” I asked again and he giggled.

“It’s a Love Sickness.” He answered with a grin.

…what?

“L-L-L-L-Lo-Love Sickness?!” I whispered loudly and blushed darkly, “Wh-what are you saying, Chopper!?” I exclaimed in embarrassment as my face flushed in deep red.

“Your reaction shows it.” he pointed out with a smile.

‘Me? In love? With Ace? Seriously?! But it can’t be possible right?! H-he’s to awesome and handsome for me! I’m not pretty! I’m not awesome like him! Well, I’m badass, but that’s another matter!’

“A-are you kidding, Chopper?” I asked softly, hoping that he was lying.

“Doctors never lie about his patients’ sicknesses.” He stated firmly.

‘SERIOUSLY!??’

XXX

I was so lost in thought at Chopper’s statement a moment ago and unbeknownst to me, Ace was looking at me with worried look before turning back to Sanji-san, having another conversation. So lost in thought as I didn’t even realize that the sun is getting high and the temperature is getting hotter, so sweats started raining down from my whole body.

Then I stopped when I finally realized that the temperature is killing me.

“Wait, so it’s been so hot like this the whole time?” I asked as I wiped out the sweats from my face.

“What, you didn’t realize it?” Zoro asked in amazement as he pulled Chopper on the slide.

“Not until now.” I replied softly as I pulled out my bo staff and use it as a walking stick.

“So slow, aren’t you?” Nami stated as she sweat-dropped.

“Shut up.” I snapped and huffed in exhaust. I looked up and saw high mountains of sands with some of the Straw-Hats already ahead. “Is it still far?” I asked with a little bit loud voice to Vivi, who was already ahead of me.