Chapter 34

I was writing the whole event this afternoon on the Crow’s nest cause it’s my turn to night watch, alone, and I’m super bored. And it’s also to prevent myself to fall asleep. Thanks to the bright moonlight, I’m able to write and see just fine, like seriously.

I was so busy writing so that I didn’t realized that Luffy came and tackled me hard to the wooden floor. Thankfully, I already stopped writing, so yeah.

“Luffy, what the hell…” I groaned, as his body was right on me, as if I’m a mattress.

“Hey Eri! So you’re still up? I thought you’re already fell asleep like Zoro!” he said cheerfully, still haven’t moving his whole body from mine.

“Sorry, but unlike that grass-head, I’ll go to sleep when it’s time, not whenever he didn’t has anything to do, which almost every time.” I answered and pushed off his face from my chest, as he always said that it’s all fluffy like a pillow, which always earns a beating from me because of that.

We were quiet for a moment after I sat down on his lap and my back was resting on his abdomen until I decided to cut it.

“Say Luffy,” I called, earning a hummed as he looks at me, “Do you think I should be alive?” I asked, slowly the miserable past was resurfacing in my memory.

He didn’t say anything at first but I could imagine that he was frowning. “Why would you say that? Of course you should! You’re my imouto and first friend! Of course you should live!” he exclaimed. I turned to look at him, showing me that he was giving me a frown on his face, making me chuckled a bit.

“I see, thank you Luffy, for making me want to live.” I replied and grinned as I playfully pinched his cheeks. We grinned at each other and giggled.

Thank you… for making me wants to live…

XXX

I was completely unable to move as I curled myself in the corner with Flame and Takao, acting as walking heaters, and covering myself with dozens of jackets, mittens, ear-muffs, and blankets. My teeth were clattering loudly as I couldn’t take the sudden freezing temperature. And I could hear the Two Idiots were laughing with each other, as they were playing with the snow.

I couldn’t pay attention at my surrounding, even I use my Haki. The sudden dropped temperature is always my biggest threat, as my whole body feels like got frozen to the bones. I could feel the Flame was trying his best to warm me up with his body heat, which slightly doing a great job.

To my hands and feet? Yeah.

To my whole body? Not really.

I could hear that Nami was yelling around on the deck, not that I knew what, cause my brain got frozen because of the temperature.

Curse Grand Line and its damned climatic time.

Then the temperature suddenly rose up, making it a little bit warm. Guess now is spring time, eh?

I quickly rose up and taking off all of the things that covering me up, revealing my long sleeves shirt with red vest and black knee-length trousers with ruffles in the end and my usual combat boots before running to the deck, screaming ‘Freedom’ as loud as ever with grateful expressions.

But then my happy time didn’t last long.

Why? Cause the damned weather in Grand Line, which always unpredictable as ever, was ruining it.

In the end, I helped everyone on the deck for god knows how long. After a few minutes of struggling in the sudden storm, the weather finally calms down and almost everyone were looking exhausted because of it.