Chapter 41

“You ‘quit’?!”

“What do you mean, Luffy-san?!” Vivi asked.

“We don’t have time for your stupid games now, Luffy!!” Sanji-san exclaimed, “Now get up!!”

“We’re going back.” Luffy said simply but didn’t move slightly from his spot.

“Yeah, we’re using the road we took yesterday, to go to Katorea and stop the rebellion. If 1,000,000 citizens of this country clash, it’s all over!!” Sanji-san replied, “This is for Vivi-chan!! Let’s go!!” he continued.

“Boooooring.” Luffy said.

“What did you say?!!” he yelled.

“Vivi.” Luffy called.

“Yes?” Vivi replied.

“I want to beat the crap out of Crocodile!!” Luffy stated and Vivi flinched at that. “If we stop the rebels, will we stop that Crocodile?” he continued.

“We can’t do anything, even if we go to this place.” Luffy said, “We’re Pirates. You’d be better off without us.”

“Sometimes he hits the bull’s eye without even thinking.” Sanji-san commented.

“That’s Luffy for you.” Usopp replied.

“…Well” Vivi started but quickly cut off by Luffy.

“You just don’t want anyone to die in this war. The people of your country, or us, or anyone.” he stated, “You’re talking about a fight against one of the ‘Shichibukai’, in which over a million people will be in battle, and all you want is for no one to die.” He continued before looking at Vivi straight in the eyes.

“That’s naïve.” He stated.

“Stop Luffy! Can’t you think of Vivi’s feelings—“ I quickly cut Nami off by raising my arm to stop her.

“Don’t interfere and watch.” I told her simply and she protested but listened.

“What’s wrong with that?!” Vivi exclaimed, “What’s wrong about not wanting people to die!!?”

“People die.” Luffy continued simply and Vivi lunged at him before punched him hard.

“Stop talking like that!! Don’t you dare say that again!! That’s what we’re trying to stop!!” she yelled, “You can’t blame the rebels of the army for this!! Why should anyone die?! This is all Crocodile’s fault!!!” she continued as Luffy pushed himself up before punched her back.

“Then why are you risking your life!!?” he exclaimed as he punched her back and everyone is about to protest but I quickly stopped them.

“Even I can tell what this country needs the most just by looking at the situation!!!” Luffy exclaimed as Vivi kept slapping him hard while he talks. “You think risking one life is enough?!!” he yelled.

“Then what am I supposed to risk?!!” she yelled back as she kept slapping him, “There’s nothing else o have to—“her words was cut off as Luffy grabbed her wrists and sat up.

“WHY DON’T YOU TRY RISKING OUR LIVES, TOO?!!” Luffy yelled at her, “WE ARE NAKAMAS, RIGHT!?” he continued and that immediately made Vivi covered her mouth as her eyes started to tear up.

“…look at you.” Luffy said as Vivi cried, “You’re crying.” He continued and Vivi pulled her hood to cover the sights from anyone. “You’re the one who wants to kill him the most!” he stated as he grabbed his hat and dusted off the dusts.