Chapter 5

Shanks and his crew were here for maybe a week (I dunno I didn’t count) until Shanks healed up. Luffy and I hung around Shanks’ most of the time. I’m kind of sad for not be able to help him though, but he didn’t say anything about it. I thought he would blame me though, but I got an opposite reaction from him. He hugged me tightly and apologized for not helping me.

Sometime he scolded me too because of my broken arms and told me to rest at home. Heck, like I care. It’s just broken bone; it would attach again after a few months. Science logic…

But it was now time for them to leave. We’re at the docks and Shanks’ crews were getting the supplies ready so they could leave. Shanks stood in front of us and he said, “Luffy, I’m sure you’re going to miss us and want to come?” Luffy shake his head and said, “Yeah, I’ll miss you, but I’m not going to beg you to go with you,”

Shanks stuck his tongue out at him and I chuckled at his childish attitude. I never get used to a childish nature of someone, but as Shanks here I’m starting to get used to it. “I’m going to get an even better crew than yours and become the King of the Pirates!” Luffy said. I looked at Shanks only to see him put his straw hat on Luffy’s head.

“That hat means a lot to me and when and if you become the King of the Pirates return it to me,” he said to Luffy. Then Luffy held the hat to his chest and looked down as tears fell down his face. Then Shanks turned and grinned at me.

“I haven’t known you for a while, but it was nice meeting you,” he said and dug in his pocket for something and gave it to me. I tried to held it and look at it. It was a box with a screw on the side. It has sunflower cravings across the box and on the top. It’s color was soft red with white lines on the sides.

I tried opening it and shocked. It’s a music box! How rare! But the one which confused me was the music. It’s Dear You song by Higurashi, one of my favorite music box’s music! I looked at it in awe and tried to hug him. Though it didn’t work, but he hug me instead and ruffling my hair.

“Thank you Shanks! I love it, thank you!” I said. I had tears in my eyes and I couldn’t stop it. This is the first time someone giving me a gift that I really want. Shanks chuckled and said, “It’s not a problem, I was happy too,” I let go and wipe the tears in my eyes with my backside of my hand (which still in bandage but not badly like a few weeks ago).

“But I never got to pay you back..” he laughed as I finished saying that and said, “Yeah, like a kid could pay back a big pirate like me,” I pouted at him and he just ruffling my hair for the last time before he left for his ship. This is the first time I feel alone as someone left me, but I quickly brushed it off. I’ll be fine, there is Luffy and Makino here, I won’t be lonely. We watched until they sailed off.

It’s been a few weeks after Shanks sailed off. My broken arms were already healed up a few days after Shanks left. I guess 5 year old bones are has different healing time huh? I heard children with broken bones are healed fast. But not this fast.

Anyway, Luffy and I hung out at the bar with Makino. Sometimes I wondered, why would she let two children hang out in a bar where pirates, sailors and sometimes bandits go to. But meh, it’s Makino’s bar, so she could do what she wanted. But still..

It’s almost lunchtime as I play tag with Luffy and stopped as Makino calling us for lunch. He quickly sat down on the stools and start eating our lunch that already served by Makino. The bar was quite crowded today. As usual, Luffy finished his meal first.

And suddenly I heard a loud crash and a yell from behind us.

“WHERE IS MY GRANDSON?!” Luffy squeaked in fear and dove behind the counter. I turned to saw the person, who I know who it is. A man in a tan shorts and Hawaiian shirt, he has huge for one and had grey hair and a grey beard. Yep, he’s Garp alright.