Chapter 24

It’s been a few days since we were drifting off in the sea without any destination. And we run out of food supply, thanks to this rubber brain of a brother of mine. Right now, Coby was checking the surroundings, Luffy was whining about him being hungry (which I hit him for that), Flame was just enjoying the water currents, Takao was chilling in the air, while I’m just waiting for some fish to eat the baits of my fishing rod.

To be honest, my sweets supply was almost run out and I was getting hungry too. So I decided to fish and hoping for some fishes to bite the baits for me to eat, after Flame burn it, of course. After a few minutes, Coby announced that there’s an island with Marine HQ right in front of us and we will landed on it for a few minutes from now, which making both Luffy and I grinned at each other.

As we about to arrive to the island, my baits got bitten. I pulled it and got three medium sized fishes, making Luffy drooled. After Flame burned it, I give them to Luffy, Flame and Takao, which ate them happily. I just grinned at their antics and pulled out a lollipop and put it into my mouth, watching the scene.

We finally arrived at the harbor, Luffy and Flame immediately jumped to the land and stretched out, followed by Coby and I, though the only one stretching was me, and Takao perched on my shoulder.

“We’re finally at the Marines’ base!” Luffy exclaimed, “Yep, finally!” Coby agreed.

“You’re great, Coby!” Luffy complimented him, “Huh?”

“We’ve actually reached our destination!” Luffy said, “Of course! That’s the basics of navigation!” Coby replied, “If you wander around at the sea, you’ll never become a pirate. You should at least find a navigator to join you.” Coby suggested, and of course Luffy ignored him and exclaiming to go to eat.

I snorted and put my hand on Coby’s shoulder, “It’s no use telling him that. He’s a person who ‘Act first but never think’, so it’s useless.” I told him, he turned to me, “What about you Eri-san?” he asked.

“Me? Pfft, you don’t need to ask me, Pink head. Luffy and mine navigating skills are 360 degree the same.” I answered and hold up a thumbs-up to him with innocent voice tone and face.

“That isn’t something to be proud of!” he yelled at me.

“Ah, and we’re gonna have Zoro as our Nakama later too, guess ours’ first piracy life was totally a crap, eh?” I ignored him and laughed a bit, as I started imagining about Luffy, Zoro, and I got lost because we don’t know where east, west, south, and/or north is. Totally an interesting experience!

We started walking around the town and Coby told Luffy that it’s not a good idea to make Zoro his Nakama.

“I haven’t decided if he’s a good person yet…” Luffy replied and kept walking, ignoring him.

“He’s been arrested because he’s a bad guy!” Coby yelled at him, I bonked him in the head because he’s getting annoying and he insults Zoro. Coby whined about why I hit him and I simply replied, “Zoro is a good guy. Don’t you dare insult him again until you saw him by your own eyes, baka.” with cold tone and followed Luffy, who was grabbing a guava and eating it, followed by Flame; making me throw two coins to the owner while Luffy and Flame ate the guavas.

“Why am I paying you up?” I asked Luffy, a sweat on my cheek. He turned and simply replied, “I don’t have any money so you pay for it.” making me face-palmed because of it.

“I wonder if that Zoro is inside the base.” Luffy muttered loudly, which making the townspeople near us jumped away from us with terrified face, making me snickered and Luffy stared at the sight.