Chapter 10

I woke up with a loud scream. I sat up and looked with half lidded eyes to see Dadan. “So noisy, It’s still early in the morning..” I said and yawning, I fell back and went to sleep again.

I awoke again to see Dadan yelling at Sabo and he kept on answering her with fart. I was snickering and sat up, rubbing my eyes and yawned. After a little while, she sighed and said, “Ace, Sabo, Luffy and Erica! From now on you’re under my care!” I grinned. I knew Dadan is a good person, even though she’s kind of scary..

After a little while (again), Dadan said, “Ace, Sabo, Luffy, Erica! You have chores to do!” I frowned. I hate being ordering around with people, except my mom. Later on, we ran out the house and Dadan was yelling at us. Luffy turned and said, “No way!” he pulled down his eyelid and stuck his tongue out.

I snickered with a large grin, sticking my own tongue out. We ran after Ace and Sabo before Sabo stopped, Luffy hit Sabo’s back and fell. I quickly skirted to a stop before got I crashed. “Hey Dadan! While we’re gone, the Bluejam crew might come, so be careful!” Sabo shouted. “We kinda beat down some of his crew, so be careful!”

We ran off, Ace and Sabo were running fast. I was trying to keep up with them, but my injuries makes me slowed down a little. “Dadan sure is an understanding old hag,” Sabo exclaimed. I snorted and Ace said, “She’s still a worthless old hag,” I laughed. Man, poor Dadan. She kept being made fun of by the boys.

“She’s a mountain bandit and her face is scary,” Luffy said. “Yeah, she’s too manly to become a woman,” I added. “So, what are we going to do now?” Sabo asked. Before I give a suggestion, Luffy said, “Let’s eat!” Sabo laughed and agreed. Now you mention it, I was kind of hungry. We ran off and somehow, I don’t even know how to describe it, they killed a super big ass fish and were eating it in front of Luffy and I. I gapped while Luffy just stared at them. The hell, how the hell they can ate it without giving some to us?! Meanies!

“So Luffy, you ate a devil fruit right?” Sabo asked, Luffy nodded and said, “Yeah,” then Sabo threw the tail part to us and said, “No wonder you can’t swim,” Luffy caught it and offered it to me while he bit it. I shook my head and said, “You eat it. The tail part is not my favorite, by the way. Beside I’m not that hungry,” I lied. Actually, that part was barely any meat in it, and I don’t like it.

But Luffy frowned and said, “But you haven’t eat anything since the last meal, which is yesterday morning,” I just grinned. “Nah, I’ll be fine. Go eat it,” I said and start making a Rock Balancing* art from some rocks around me. Luffy still frowned but he didn’t say anything and ate it.

“What fruit did you eat?” Sabo asked. “Gomu Gomu no Mi,” Luffy answered. “Gomu Gomu?” Luffy nodded and wipe off his saliva. I kept my concentration on my Rock Balancing, which is almost finished, until Luffy accidently slapped it because of his nonsense argument with Ace. My face darkened and frowned, bangs covering my eyes.

“E-Eri’?” my shoulders shook as my anger was increasing. “Luffy, Ace..” I called. They looked at me, terrified. I looked up and smiled sweetly. I grabbed Luffy’s and Ace’s arm, still smiling. “You guys know me so well when I’m upset, right?” I asked, slowly a dark aura started to spreading behind me. They nodded vigorously; colors are draining from their face. I opened my eyes, looking at them and wear off my smile with poker-face.

“Then why did you made me upset?” I yelled at them. They sat down in Seiza** position and looked down, as I scolded them for about a few minutes. Sabo just sweatdropped but didn’t say anything in return.

I sighed heavily as I finished scolding them and massaged my temple. I walked off and sat down, starting to make the Rock Balancing art all over again. Then they started to argue again before Ace walked off and lied down, backing us. Then Luffy started talking about his Gomu Gomu no Fuusen and I muttered, “Not again..”

Sabo asked to see it and I face palmed with a sigh. I just finished the art and moved away so I was standing near Ace, and Luffy made himself look like a round ball. Ace turned to look at him because Sabo was shouting about it in an amazed voice. Ace then jumped up and kicked Luffy. My eyes widened in shock and anger.

I pushed Ace and he fell down, “Don’t do that, bastard!” he jumped up and punched me in the head. I yelped in pain and fell on my butt, holding my head in pain. He jumped in the air and kicked Luffy and he went bouncing around. “Stop it, you idiots!” I yelled. Luffy then fell into the lake and an alligator at him. My eyes bulged and gapped.

“You idiots! Look what you did!” they both yelled, “Shut up!” before they jumped in and killed it. They dragged it out and pulled Luffy above water. I ran over him and saw they forgot his hat. I dove in and swam to grab it. I just hope there is no another croc’ or alli’. I swam back to the shore as I got the hat safe and sound. Pulling myself up, I walked to Luffy and gave it to him.

I squeeze my hair to dry and Ace asked, “Why the hell did you do that?” I turned and rolled my eyes, “Because! What the hell is wrong with you?! Why did you do that to him?!” I’m always been overprotective toward my friends and siblings, except for my siblings who didn’t close to me. My hands were on my hips and I was leaning a bit.

His arms were crossed over his chest and we were both glaring. He sneered, “Because! We saved him!” I growled, “You shouldn’t have kicked him in the first place!” he said, “This is why I hate girls!” my eyebrow was twitched before my eyes were narrowed in anger. “Asshole! Use the mind you don’t seem to have!”

He growled and he dropped his hands off his chest so we had our foreheads touching and I felt sparks. He grits his teeth and said, “Shut up brat!” I yelled, “Yah’ only five year older and how are ya’ gonna make me!” he growled and lifted a fist, “LIKE THIS!” I quickly dodged his fist and bit his arm. He screeched as I bit harder. Sabo and Luffy were yelling at us, but soon enough we got ready to take the alli’ to wherever.

Luffy was mad at them for making him got eaten and I was frowning like mad and has a disturbing aura behind me as I glared at Ace from behind. I can feel that Ace’s neck hair start to stand but he said he would give Luffy meat. That made him happy and I scowled, seriously?

Sabo said he wanted to check on their treasure. They went back to the tree and saw they were there. They told us that they moved it. “Do you want to go to the Gray Terminal?” Sabo asked. Ah, the junkyard place with homeless people.. Sounds like some homeless people in my home country who live near the train rail.

We went there, but some people found us and we had to run off again. We hid in the woods somewhere and were breathing heavily, especially me. I almost thought I’m going to get asthma; thank God I don’t have one.

Probably..

“We should lay low for a while, “Sabo said, “Just fight the people who get in our way.“ Ace said. “That would be an unnecessary fights we got there, baka,” I quickly said, Sabo and Luffy agreed with me. Ace snapped, “Shut up, brat!” I scowled and stuck my tongue out, he growled so I decided to drop it. I’m super exhausted now and I don’t want to argue with him anymore. It was actually amusing and I enjoyed it.

We carried the alli’ back to the hut and brought it in and they cooked it. I grinned and took a bite. It’s not so bad, but not so good either. I ate happily. I haven’t eaten for almost a day and I was starving. I lay around with Luffy when I was done, stomach bulging. Some of the bandits were sulking because there was no more.

I was just about to get into a deep sleep until a hard foot hit my stomach. My eyes snapped open in a glare when I saw Ace smirking and smug face. “Sorry, I didn’t see you,”

I growled and jumped to my feet. “ACE!” he smirked wider and turned away from me. I tackled him in anger and strangled him in the neck. He yelped and trying to let go my arm which is clung in his neck, almost chocking him.

Sabo laughed, “Someone 5 year younger beat you. Hahahahahahahaha!” I snickered and let go of Ace, decided to run off. But then he caught me and punched my head. He stomped away with a growl and I just grinned and snickered. I just make him embarrassed, and it was amusing. He was quite adorable too.

“Geshishi..” I laughed as I kept looking at Ace, face red from embarrassment. I totally have no regret for saving both of them. Plus they were worth it.

This is the best day ever!

Because I made Ace embarrassed!