Chapter 35

“You shouldn’t be alive!”

“Go to hell!”

“You insolent child! I wish you never born if you put me in a shame like this!”

“I hate you.”

“Go die.”

“NOOOOOO!!”

“E-Eri-chan?! H-hey! Get a grip of yourself!”

“NO! I’M SORRY! PLEASE DON’T HATE ME!”

“You should just go die in an endless pit…”

“NO! I’M SORRY! Please… don’t hurt me anymore…”

“ERI! OI! WAKE UP!”

As soon as I could, I opened my eyes, releasing me from the darkness into the blaring light. I saw Luffy’s face full of worry and tensed. My eyes watered and hugged him, burying my face on his chest as my shoulder shook wildly. He hugged me back tight and he whispered that everything’s gonna be alright and he’s here right now.

“L-Luffy…” I sobbed, “Please don’t hate me… please don’t leave me… I don’t want to be alone anymore… please… don’t leave me…” I chanted as I kept cried, tighten my arms around him.

“Its okay, Eri, I’m here, I won’t leave you. I never hate you, it’s alright, I’m right here with you.” He replied as he put his big hand on my head, stroking my hair softly. I kept sobbing until I cried myself to sleep, my arms still around Luffy tightly.

XXX

“Hey… is everything alright, Luffy?” Nami asked softly to Luffy in worry.

“She’s been tossing and turning back and forth when she was sleeping until she screamed a moment ago…” Vivi added.

Luffy didn’t answer them immediately but he carried Erica up and about to walk out from the room before stopping for a moment to tell the girls something. “She’s sleeping with me tonight.” He told them and walked out from the room and closed the batch.

He walked back to the Boys Quarter and laid Erica down to the sofa and he lay down too next to her. The couch is too cramped for them, of course, but better be patient except he wants his little sister got another nightmare. He hugged her tight and stroked her hair until her breathings getting calmer than before. He smiled and closed his eyes, going to sleep.

XXX

I woke up with stiff neck and I saw red. I just realized that I was sleeping hugging something and I looked up, only to saw Luffy sleeping soundly, wrapping his arms around me. I was staring at him before I brought up my left hand to his face, stroking it.

“Luffy… wake up.” I said softly, but my voice was so hoarse and so dry. I coughed and it eventually woke him up.

“Eri, you okay? How do you feel? Did you get any nightmares again?” he asked in one breath frantically with his dark brown owlish eyes.

“Just go die already!”

“I’m… fine.” I replied softly and tried to sit up slowly, my bangs shadowing my eyes. He sat up too and hugged me again, making circle on my back, which soothing me a bit. I hugged him back and closed my eyes, assuring myself that I got Luffy and the Strawhats now, and no one would haunt me anymore with those words.

Not anymore.

XXX

“Are you feeling alright now, Eri-chan?” I heard Sanji-san asked as he offered me a drink, which I received it gratefully.