Chapter 6

After getting freaked out (mostly Luffy) about pissed off Ace, Luffy and I went inside the dirty hut-slash-home thing. Luffy went in first, but I hesitated. I may know the plot thingy but the house was full of bandits. Bandits equal humans, aka people. And I (kind of) have Agoraphobia, and a house full of people is not my favorite things.

As I got in, I found a big guy had Luffy by the throat. I cursed in shock and then yelled when a protective feeling curled around my heart. “The hell are you doing!! Let Luffy go!!” the guy turned and glared at me. “What are you looking at, ya’ stupid shit?!” he said. I glared and growled loudly, making him a little flinched. Then Dadan came in and glared at the guy.

“Put him down and leave them alone,” she said, the one of the bandits said, “Why should we?” she reply, “They’re Garp’s grandkids,” All the bandits gapped and the guy let Luffy go. I’m still trying to get used by being called Garp’s grandchild, who I only knew for a day, and an insane one at that.

I helped Luffy up and we sat at a table with Ace, which is away from us, eating. A small bowl of rice and a glass of water was put in front of us. It was not really appealing at all. But there is no choice, we live here and we should search for meat for our self.

But it’s not hurt to ask for salt right?

“Umm, Dadan-san. May I ask you for salt for my rice please?” I ask to Dadan as I raised my hand. “No,” she simply replied.

Oh well, at least I tried...

Note to self: bring salt everywhere, anywhere.

I start eating it slowly and staring at everyone. Even so, Luffy quite the opposite of me, which finished it in.. 30 seconds?

Anyway, as I was staring at everyone, I saw the men were eating meat of some kind. Probably predator in the jungle-slash-forest. I heard Luffy whined, “I want meat too!” I sweatdropped and Dadan yelled, “Shut up, he gets the meat because he caught it! Go in to the forest and catch some and you’ll get some meat!”

“So that was what Ace sitting on? As expected from him..” I said out loud as I continue my meal. “And people in this house are mountain bandits, if you want to know Luffy. And we need to do chores or we won’t be able to eat,” I continue before I drink my water and clean the rest with my back side of my right hand. I muttered thanks for the meal softly and look back up at everyone, who was looking at me with weird look. Except Ace of course.

“What? It’s the truth right? Right Dadan-san?” I said as I look up at her. She just nodded, still slightly gapped with my word earlier. Woops, talking much..?

“I hate mountain bandits and sure mister,” Luffy said bluntly. I snorted and laughed with low voice.

“I’m a woman!” Dandan yelled.

“Really?” Luffy said bluntly, “Yes!” she screamed.

“Geshishi, alright that’s enough Luffy. It’s not polite to say to a woman,” I simply said and wipe a tear in the corner of my eyes.

Ace suddenly got up and left. Luffy looked over with a thoughtful expression and I squinted my eyes as I look at him. This can’t be good. Thoughtful expression on Luffy always can’t be good.

“Hey Ace! Where are you going?” he called before I could stop him. I slapped my forehead to stop my urge to punch him upside-down. He was ignored, of course. We ran after him. Or more likely, Luffy was ran after him, while me was ran after Luffy. I heard Dadan screamed at us and heard a curse or two before I was out of ear range. I caught up to Luffy and was breathing a little heavy when I chaught up to him.

“Hey Ace! I don’t care if you spit at me! Let’s be friends!” Luffy said. We are about a few feet apart from him. He had an emotionless look on his face. Crap, something bad is going to happen. I growled softly at him as I grabbed Luffy’s arm. He just stared at me blankly.

Suddenly he turned toward a thick tree and kicked it. Oh crap, I remember this scene. He’s going to kick off that tree so it will roll at us. As he did it a few times, the tree came rolling at us. Holy shit, this is insane!

I quickly pull Luffy as the tree was rolling toward us to the side. But it’s too late, the tree already rolled on Luffy. I mentally slapped myself and ran over him to help him out and on his feet. He just got bruised all over his body, but nothing bad. I sighed and look at him. He smiled at me and brushed off his hat and plopped it on my head.

I looked at him wide eyed. This was his treasure, the hat from Shanks and put it on me. “You can dodge pretty cool, so it won’t get damaged,” he said. He trusts me to keep his hat safe. I felt blood start to rushed to my cheeks, feeling embarrassed. I never got this back at home. “I’ll protect it Luffy,” I said after I nodded at him.

He grinned and he ran into the direction of Ace. “Do we have to go after him? I know these sound stupid but bad things will happen later,” I asked. He nodded, looking serious for once, “Yeah Erica,” I just nodded and he ran after Ace. I knew bad things would happen so I chased after Luffy too.

We ran across the bridge and Ace cut the rope. Crap. I quickly grabbed Luffy and pulled him on my back as we went down and crashed into the water. I quickly yelled over the rushing currents, “LUFFY! HOLD ON TIGHT TO ME!” he did and I swam. I may be small but I can swim. I popped back up, gasping. I grabbed the hat and bit it as hard as I can. But not too hard because I don’t want to leave a mark on it.

I saw the edge and tried to swim in the opposite way but it’s too late, because we already fell down this raging waterfall. It was small but waterfalls are waterfalls. It’s still hurt if you fell down from waterfall, no matter how small it is, it’s still waterfall.

I felt slight pain when my body hit rocks. I swam over toward the land and gasped for air as I popped out from the water. I walk a few steps until I collapse on my stomach. Luffy let go of me and flopped next to me. I got on my hands and knees and threw the excess water. A minute later I looked over at Luffy.

He’s fine though, just few scratches and other than that, none. He was breathing heavy though. I smiled as I realized I saved Luffy. “You okay, Lu’-chan?” I asked him with his nickname I gave him after I let go his hat from my teeth and put it on Luffy’s stomach.

“Yeah, thanks Eri’!” he said as he grinned at me. “No prob’,” I replied. We stood up and look around. Thanks god I leave my music box at the hut-slash-home thing so it won’t get damaged by water. Now I think about it, is it really safe I left it at home? The home was full of bandits and bad guys. I hope my music box was alright.

“We still going to after Ace?” I asked, he nodded and start walked away. I sighed and went after him. We tried looking for him everywhere but no sight of him. Dammit, I knew it this is a bad idea. Now we’re lost and it’s already late at night.

“Hey Luffy, it’s already late at night. We should rest first then we continue searching for Ace tomorrow, how ‘bout that?” I said to Luffy as I lay against a tree and Luffy lay next to me. Luffy fell asleep first (because he’s already snoring next to me) as I was looking at the sky. The sky in this world was beautiful and full of stars at night. Unlike my world, stars are already difficult to see because of pollution.

I wish my world’s sky could be as beautiful as this world sky. I slowly shut my eyes and sighed heavily. I start to pray to whoever God in this world and drifted to sleep.

It’s not Enel, of course.

That guy was not a God, he just a merciless bastard.