XXXVI. Unchained Melody

A/N: The Big Day! Enjoy <3

Remember to vote and comment ^_^

———
XXXVI. Unchained Melody

When I finally get my dress on and look at myself in the mirror, I can't believe it's me in the reflection.

"Mummy you look so pretty!" Natalie beams excitedly while sitting in Sarah's lap.

Bex makes sure everything is perfect with my hair and all the pins are in place. She smiles at me as I turn around to face her and I can see tears forming in her blue eyes. There's so many people in Bex's master bedroom right now and I can feel every one of their emotions right now.

"You look absolutely stunning Lee, my nephew is going to be very pleased," Jackson's aunt Heather winks. I nod my head nervously as I swipe my trembling hands down the front of my dress.

"You really think so?" I ask with a skeptical smile and Bex giggles.

"Yes baby. He won't be able to take his hands off of you," she assures me and I sigh.

She looks at me knowingly and glances down at my belly with a soft smile. I look at her pleadingly, already knowing that somehow she knows. I guess it's some super power women get when they get older after having children or being around many pregnant women. She nods her head reassuringly, beaming from ear to ear.

"Congratulations sweetheart," she whispers in my ear before giving me a soft kiss on my cheek while rubbing her hands up and down my arms.

I take one last look at myself in the tall mirror. My dress has a vintage style to it. It's form fitted and long with thick straps that go from my shoulders to my collar bone. It's has a deep v-line in the front and back that's covered with an intricate lace design. The sides of my dress on the torso area are see-through and laced as well. It continues at the top of my thighs with a slit that flows along the side, all the way down. This dress, shows off my tattoos flawlessly.

Bex had curled my hair and pinned it to the side, letting my long hair lay over the front of my left breast and pinned flowers into it, making me look like a flower child. She ended up doing the same hairstyle on Natalie as well to match.

I look down at my daughter who's wearing an adorable white flower girl dress and I know that when Jackson sees her, he's going to light up. They've became inseparable the last month and a half and I love it. She is her daddy's baby girl through and through.

Sarah is dressed in her navy blue brides maid dress as well as Megan. Megan is my maid of honor and I'm so thankful to have her in my life. When I first moved here, I didn't have anyone. Growing up, I didn't get to see her much except on summers for a week at most. We didn't get to really bond during those times so I was surprised when she took me under her wing and looked after me even though I was the oldest.

She even stuck up for me tremendously when I moved back, towing a little girl along. Of course my grandma gave me shit about it, making comments about if I'm going to be like my mother and abandon my child, leaving her with the burden of raising her. Before I could say anything, Megan was jumping her ass.

Needless to say, we don't have the best relationship with our grandmother now and hopefully one day she'll let go of her bitterness and enjoy her life and family more. I use to be upset about it but now I have my new family, my true family. I wasn't blood to them but the Daniels family always made sure I felt welcomed.

Even after Jackson left for the army, I was over there every day spending time with them. They even came with me to the airport to see me off when I left to California for college. And when I came back four years later bearing their granddaughter, Bex and Nate still treated me like family. I'll always be thankful for them.