XXXIV. Traditions & Bonding

A/N: Lovelies—I'm trying really hard to bust out the remaining chapters so this book is finally reworked and can move on to giving my attention to my other works.

Up ahead are a couple cute moments that I hope you enjoy ^-^

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XXXIV. Traditions & Bonding

JACKSON

When I woke up this morning, I had a plan to wake Natalie up and have her help me make breakfast. It's Sunday and I plan on keeping the tradition alive that my father did with me nearly all my life growing up after he was done with the Army.

Dad has always been big on traditions. That's something I hope to carry on with my daughter and future children as well.

That's why I'm surprised to find both Lee and Natalie missing from their beds this Sunday morning. I quickly head downstairs and find the two of them in the kitchen, making breakfast.

"Good girl," Lee smiles as Natalie flips a pancake over the electric skillet.

"I did it Mummy!" she cheers and when she turns to see me standing in the doorway she frowns.

"Daddy! You weren't suppose to be up yet until we were done making you breakfast," she pouts and it melts my heart.

I completely forget about the plans I have, knowing that all this time, Lee has kept the tradition alive for me. She must have remembered me talking about it the one time we talked about kids when we first started dating. We talked about the different things our parents did with us that we'd want to keep alive with our own one day.

"Oh baby girl it's okay. I'm still surprised and will love it," I walk over to Natalie and kiss her temple softly.

I pick her up from her stool and carry her to her chair at the table as Lee brings over her plate and softly kisses the top of her head. When she walks back over to the counter, I'm hot on her tail as I put my hands on her waist.

"I've got it Sweetie, go sit down with Natalie," I tell her as I kiss the side of her neck. She smiles at me before pressing her lips to mine in a loud smack.

"We did this to surprise you, you go sit down with her and enjoy your surprise," she urges me with a toothy grin before biting at my bottom lip.

"You're one hell of a woman sweetheart," I tell her and run my fingers through her long brown hair as I kiss her lips before I go sit down next to Natalie.

We enjoy our breakfast together before heading out to the lake where my parents and siblings are at. I want to teach Natalie how to fish, just like my dad did with me.

I learn very quickly that Natalie is like me in the sense of fishing as she catches on fairly quickly, having a knack for it. When she catches one, and I help her reel it in, she gets excited as she jumps up and down while clapping her little hands.

"Mummy look! I caught one!" she beams up at Lee.

"Good job baby," Lee cheers for her and comes over to look at the fish I'm holding up for her.

"Mummy can we keep it?" she asks and Lee giggles.

"Sure baby. I'm sure he'll be very tasty," she smirks and Natalie's face instantly falls.

"No Mummy we can't eat him!" she cries and I immediately remember how much love my little girl has for marine life. She's four years old and to her, every marine animal is precious.

"Baby, we eat these kind, that's why we fish for them," I explain to her and she begins to pout, pushing out her bottom lip with sad brown eyes.

"Oh, I didn't know that Daddy," she fiddles with her fingers together as she looks down at the ground.

"Aww baby girl it's okay. I should've explained it better to you," I gently caress her face.

"It's okay Daddy," she smiles widely, changing her attitude in two seconds flat before wrapping her arms around my neck and kisses my cheek.

I watch after her as she takes off back towards the picnic table where my mom and dad are at. I glance up to see Lee trying to hide her laughter but fails miserably.

"What's so funny woman?" I ask her while I stand up and pull her into my arms.

"I'm sorry I didn't remind you before hand about her love for fish and sea animals. She's very passionate about it," she smiles as she runs her fingers over the stubble of my jaw. By the look in her hazel eyes lately whenever she touches it, I know she absolutely loves it since I started letting it grow out a little.

"I already knew but I didn't think about how it would upset her. God I'm a horrible dad," I shake my head and lay my forehead against hers.

"Jackson, no you're not babe. You're an amazing dad. This is a learning process and there's no manual to parenting. Trust me, she's already forgotten about it," she assures me and kisses my lips softly. When she pulls away, I see her hazel eyes light up with a hint of lust as she gets on her tip toes to press her lips to mine once more. This time her kiss is needier as she places her hands on the back of my neck, playing with the hairs at the nape.

I wrap my arms around her tightly, digging my fingertips into her shoulders with yearning. She's such an amazing woman and she knows just how to make me feel like a man who's doing something correct with his life. I love her more than words could ever say.

"Oh Jackson, is little Jackson satisfied with my words as well?" she asks as she softly pushes her hips towards me, taking notice to my growing erection. I laugh into our kiss and run my fingers through her hair.

"Oh he's very satisfied Sweetie. He always is when it comes to you and that tight pink pussy," I assure her with an open mouth kiss, showing her just how much she pleases me. In the middle of our passionate kiss, I hear Natalie giggling as she plays with Ford, bringing me out of my trance of Lee.

I immediately think of something else so I'm not walking around awkwardly with a boner. I close my eyes with a frustrated groan and Lee giggles as she wraps her arms around my waist.

"Save it for later baby," she winks at me and gently pats at my shaft through my swim shorts, making me step back with a groan.

She walks past me towards the table and when she looks back at me over her shoulder with a smile, I can't help but fall deeper in love with her. God I can't wait to marry her and have her finally become my wife.

Our wedding is only a month away and I wish it would hurry the hell up. We would've gotten married sooner but her schedule is busy the next month with tattoo conventions and already scheduled clients. Plus I know she wants some time to plan it out. Of course between all the women in my family and Megan, she's got more than enough people to help.

I look at her thoroughly as I picture her in a wedding dress. I know she's going to be absolutely beautiful as she glows with happiness, making my heart skip a beat like she always does.

I walk back towards the table where everyone is and thank my lucky stars that I not only have an amazing family who's always there for me, but also an amazing daughter and a woman whom I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. I don't know what I did to deserve this life, but I'm glad God chose this path for me.