XXXV. Well That Was Unexpected

A/N: So we are nearing the end of the book. I know, so sad but I'm happy to finally be done with the reworks on the first three books of the Daniels series. Needless to say I've learned it is better to take your time writing instead of trying to bust out a whole 35+ chapter book in one day. Cringe

This chapter is a pretty short one that's just another filler before the big day. Enjoy!

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XXXV. Well That Was Unexpected

LESLIE

ONE MONTH LATER:

"Congratulations Miss Harris, you're definitely pregnant," the nurse practitioner at the clinic informs me with a smile.

I'd already taken an at home pregnancy test a couple days ago and I luckily got in today to get a confirmed blood test. I wanted to know for sure before my wedding tomorrow. I haven't told Jackson yet because I planned on telling him tomorrow night when we get to where we are honeymooning at as a sort of wedding present from me.

The place we are spending the weekend might not seem like much to anyone else but for Jackson and I, it means the world. It's the place we spent our most memorable moments together at. When Bex and Nate offered us their tiny cabin for our honeymoon, I had to refrain from giggling.

I don't know if after all these years they know about the times we snuck there to make love but if they do, they've never said anything about it.

"According to your last period, you're almost six weeks pregnant. Now you make an appointment with your gynecologist and they'll take the rest from here," she gives me the paperwork for the positive test results and put the piece of paper in my bag as I head to work.

As I tattoo my clients, I keep thinking about the fact that I am pregnant. I'm pregnant yet again with Jackson's baby and this time, he will be able to experience all of it. I know he's going to be so excited about that.

"Everything okay LeeLee? You seem to have something deep on your mind," my dad asks as I clean my work station for my next client.

"Yes Dad, I'm fine. Just thinking about tomorrow," I smile and he gently rubs my back.

"Okay baby, I just wanted to check. You're not getting cold feet are you?" he asks concerned and I shake my head.

"Of course not Dad. I've been waiting so long for this that I'd never think of anything else but marrying Jackson Daniels," I smile as my next client walks in.

It's a busy day with a lot of walk-ins wanting small tattoos. I love days like this, it makes the day go by fast when I'm swamped. When I'm finally done with my last client I'm so happy to be going home. I miss my baby girl and my soon to be husband.

When I walk through the door, I'm blessed with the sight of Natalie asleep on top of Jackson as he lays down on the couch. She's curled up against the back of the couch with her head on his chest, her little stuffed animal tucked under her arm as it stretches across his chest since she no longer has the brace on her arm now that it's healed.

Jackson looks up at me with a smile as I walk over and sit on the coffee table across from him. I lean over and gently run my fingers through Natalie's hair. She looks so peaceful and innocent right now. God I'm going to miss this once she's gotten bigger but to me she'll always be my little girl.