XXIX. Old Non-existent Flame

A/N: So happy moments over (for now)—now onto the drama. What you didn't actually think I'd make the rest of the few chapters left drama free did you? ^_^

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XXIX. Old Non-existent Flame

LESLIE

"Okay...now we are officially done babe," I smile at Cassie, my only client for today. She's lucky I got her in since it's my birthday and I have a party to attend but this particular piece meant a lot to her, so I gave in and took her on.

She's from Australia as well and flew all the way out here just to get this done by me. A lot of people would think that's crazy to do but when you find an artist you like, it's hard to go to anyone else.

I'd done her sleeve and countless others since I've been tattooing. So in all honesty, she's become more like a friend to me than a client.

A few of her tattoos I did while I was in Australia last year for a month for different tattoo conventions and to vacation back home with my dad and Natalie. Natalie loved it back there and I know she can't wait to go back again.

I watch as Cassie walks to the wall mirror and checks out her fresh piece on her calf. It's a memorial piece for her dad who passed away from testicular cancer a couple of months ago. There's a cluster of daisies with an orchid ribbon intertwined throughout. Her eyes begin to water and I quickly get up from my stool to give her a warm hug.

"Thank you so much Lee, I love it. You're so damn awesome. You're an absolute God sent to the tattooing community. You never cease to amaze me babe," she smiles at me as she wipes her eyes.

"Thank you babe. I'm thrilled you love it. Will you be in the states for a while? I'd love to catch up with you but I've got a birthday party to get to," I smile sympathetically and she laughs.

"I'm actually heading to California for some festivals going on there. It's been a while since I've been. Actually, I think the last time I went was when you were still living there," she smiles as I wrap her tattoo with Saran Wrap.

"Wow, then it has been a while. Well have fun sweetie. The weather was lovely when I was last weekend," I finish wrapping and put painters tape over the edges to keep it in place.

Cassie eventually leaves and I quickly start cleaning up my studio before I head home. This is the part that's the quickest yet least amount of fun. In the beginning it takes a while setting everything up, making sure your machine is on the right setting, and that you put out the correct color ink out. Not to mention the stenciling process and placing it in the correct spot on the clients body.

With this part, basically you collect all the trash and unused ink into the medical waste container and wipe down your machine. I do have to get the needles set up for the autoclave to clean them of any contamination but like I said, this part is actually quicker than most would think.

As I'm about to close up shop, there's a subtle knock on the open door. I look up and am surprised to see the person standing in front of me that it nearly knocks me on my feet.

The man standing before me is my ex-boyfriend Brad Warner. The same guy I was dating when Jackson and I had our one night stand that resulted in conceiving Natalie. He smirks at the expression on my face as he walks in.

✓ [18+] IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOWजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें