VI. The Naked Girl On The Stool

A/N: Okay so sometimes my chapter titles can be spoilers but I wouldn't take all of them to heart. Sometimes it could be a line from the chapter itself or whatever is going through my mind as a tiny synopsis of the chapter. You just never know. Basically what I'm saying—don't get your panties in a bunch if the title is smutting but no smut hahaha.

But don't worry—there's a bit of smut at the end ;)

Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
VI. The Naked Girl On The Stool

When I finally make it back home, I walk through the front door to find my mom sitting at the kitchen island going through her weekly syllabus for her Kindergarten class.

She smiles up at me as she takes her glasses off and puts all of her stuff back together into the folder on the counter. I walk over to her and place a quick kiss on her cheek before I grab a glass from the cabinet and pour me some water from the tap.

"How was the bonfire baby?" she asks me with curiosity as she rest her chin on her propped up hand.

"It was fine Mom. I actually had a good time. Got to talk to the new girl in school more," I smile at her and she beams at me, as if she can notice something I'm missing.

"And what is her name?" she asks as she takes a drink of her water.

"Lee, short for Leslie. She's from Australia and she has the coolest personality. She wouldn't even drink tonight even though Karen was egging her on. It's like she won't do anything just to please someone else. She's independent and has a great sense of humor. Not to mention she's got these eyes that just pull you in," I ramble on in a complete daze and don't realize what I'm blurting out until it's already said.

My mom smiles widely and reaches over to grab my hand, giving it a light squeeze.

"Sounds like someone is falling in love," she teases me and I laugh while shaking my head.

"I don't know Mom. I shouldn't even be thinking like this anyways since I have Karen," I sigh and she looks at me with a sympathetic smile.

"And are you happy with Karen? Does she make you feel the same way Lee does?" she asks.

"Honestly, no she doesn't. But we've been together for six months and I should feel like that with her by now right?" I ask. I'd think after being together this long, I'd feel some kind of connection with her but I haven't and since I laid eyes on Lee, I definitely don't think I ever will.

Even tonight when Karen and I snuck off and she gave me a blow job out in the woods away from everyone else, I didn't feel a damn thing for her. All I kept thinking about was Lee and wishing it was her on her knees in front of me instead of Karen.

"Baby, things don't work like that. Just because you've been together for a while doesn't mean you should automatically be in love with one another. There has to be a connection, a bond, for that to happen," she smiles warmly at me.

"Like what you and Dad have?" I smile at her and she giggles while nodding her head.

"Yes baby—like what your dad and I have. Being in love, true love, shouldn't be forced. It'll come naturally as if breathing. Honestly, I don't even know why you're still dating Karen. She can be a snobby little thing. You're way too good for her," she gently pats my cheek and stands from her stool. I watch her as she puts her glass in the sink and puts her folder in her bag for work.