XXII. The Night Everything Changed

A/N: So the flashback at the beginning of this chapter wasn't in the original draft but I always felt like I left you guys out on what Jackson and Lee experienced the night they spent together. Obviously it's important because if it didn't happen, little Natalie wouldn't exist. So enjoy this special moment between the two of them and how their love created their very special daughter.

Once the flashback is over, it'll continue on to the original chapter. Just warning, because of this flashback added in, the chapter will be a bit long but I'm sure you won't mind ^_^

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XXII. The Night Everything Changed

ALMOST FIVE YEARS AGO:

Standing outside of the dorms at UCLA, wearing my Rock Rival jeans and fitted black t-shirt feels weird as hell. I'm so use to wearing my uniform everywhere I go that being in actual civilian clothing makes me feel naked.

Even so, I don't give a damn because right now I'm here for one thing and one thing only—to see her. I've had this planned for months and it's been hell keeping it a secret from her but I hope she likes it. I know she had class right now and should be heading to the dorms any moment now to have our usual weekly Skype session, little does she know I'll actually be here waiting for her.

I sit on the brick wall with a dozen sunflower stems in my hand, Lee's favorite. I still remember it was the first drawing she was doing the day I walked into her art advanced class our senior year. She was so talented and took my breath away, fuck she still does. I'm still caught by surprise at her masterpieces every time she sends me a photocopy of her project in her emails.

I look down at my watch to check the time. Any moment now she should be walking up. When I look up towards the campus, that's when I spot her. God she's so beautiful right now dressed in jeans and a UCLA sweatshirt, her hair up in a messy bun and book bag hanging on her shoulder.

She's smiling right now as she talks to a guy with blonde hair that spikes up in random directions in the front. From the way he's got an arm around her waist I can only assume this is her boyfriend.

Not going to lie it's killing me seeing another man's arm around her but I knew this was inevitable since she told me she was dating someone a couple weeks ago. According to her they're not really exclusive, at least not like how we were.

When Lee looks up towards the dorms and sees me sitting on the brick wall with flowers in my hand, she freezes. Her eyes go wide and her jaw drops. Before I know it, she's squealing with excitement as she jumps up into my arms.

"Oh my God Jackson what are you doing here?" she holds my face in her hands, looking over my appearance, severely surprised to see me.

"I wanted to surprise you Lee," I smile down at her and she beams back, bringing me in for another embrace. I look over her shoulder at her boyfriend who's standing back awkwardly.

"Oh well it worked! Oh my I can't believe you're actually here. God I've missed you so much," she smiles, holding my free hand in hers. Her boyfriend clears his throat behind her and she looks over her shoulder at him, a sympathetic smile on her face.