XIV. Beautiful Tattooed Girl

A/N: This chapter you'll get to see more characters from the series. The big ole happy Daniels and Allen's reunion.

Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
XIV. Beautiful Tattooed Girl

JACKSON

Clinton Hills Lake. The hangout for a majority of families in this small town. Right now Lee is kicked back in the passenger seat of my pick up as we drive down the road towards said lake to spend the day with my family.

Mom had sent me a text last night while we were at the drive-in, inviting the girls to come along today as well. The way my parents are, the more the merrier.

Alex was already coming along too and I guess Mom felt it was nice to have Megan come along as well so he wasn't the third wheel. Mom—thinking she's the match maker of the year.

I don't know if there's anything there for them and if so, great. If not, they seem completely contempt with one another just being friends.

I glance over at Lee again as she's hanging her hand out the rolled down window with a contempt smile on her face. She's so damn beautiful. How I was lucky enough to land her, I'll never know.

Honestly, I don't think I ever had a choice.

God made her just for me and me alone. We were made for one another. I meant what I said when I confessed to her last night, she's the love of my life—I just know it.

Now I understand what my parents would always talk about when I thought they were just a couple of crazy old people in love.

Honestly, I always thought it was only ever in the cards for them alone, until I witnessed the same thing happen to my Aunt Heather with my Uncle Carter. They're both a couple of love sick puppies that were destined to be together for the rest of their lives.

I figured it surely wouldn't happen with me, what are the odds right? Well, obviously the odds were in my favor when Leslie Harris showed up in my hometown.

As I drive down the road, taking in the view of the lake in the distance— I think about last night and the personal things she told me.

Lee opened her heart to me, told me something that's been weighing on her shoulders for months. Not only that, she trusted me with the truth even though it hurt her to not only think about it but also talk about it out loud to someone she's only known for less than a week.

My heart still aches for her and whenever I think about what had happened to her. It's not fair to her, to anyone, when something like that happens. It changes a person, inside and out.

I want to kill the bastards that did that not only to her but her best friend and any girl that fell victim to them. I'd gladly do it for her—they deserve worse than prison. Prison for them in my opinion was merely a slap on the wrist.

I find myself wishing I could take it all back for her, to give her back the innocence that was stolen from her but I agree with Maggie though. To me, that doesn't count—to me, Lee is still innocent and has her virtue. 

When we finally make love for the first time, I won't think about how she's not a virgin but about how she's the love of my life and I'm the first one to make love to her. I only hope she thinks the same thing but I know that night and what happened to her will always be in the back of her mind, terrorizing her.