II. Black Nail Polished Middle Finger

A/N: Well, what did you think of chapter ones rework? A few things were added like more dialogue and moments to show the strong connection between the family members—especially Jackson and Sarah. That will come in handy once I write Sarah's story ^_^

Also, this part of the story is set four years after the epilogue of ATMFN and before the epilogue of WYSNAA. Which also means it's in the future for us. I'm not sure if things such as music, fashion, or whatever will be the same as it is now so a lot of it in speculation on my part. Bare with me my lovelies <3

Remember to vote, comment, and follow for updates!

———
II. Black Nail Polished Middle Finger

I slowly walk up to my locker and lean back against it, unamused, while Alex tells me about some new Call of Duty game that's coming out next weekend. Christ how many of them can you make? This has to be like the millionth one they've produced. But hey, can't blame them—the shit sales obviously.

I look up from starring at the faded linoleum flooring and Karen Alva, my girlfriend, walks up with half of the football team trailing behind her. I notice they're all checking her ass out and I look down to see she's wearing shorts that are barely covering up anything. I give her a disapproving look of her outfit and she rolls her eyes at me.

Not that I'm going to make her change, she can wear what she wants but sometimes I feel like she's trying too hard to gain others attention. Which I guess maybe she is. God knows lately I haven't been giving her enough—at least not to Karen Alva's standards.

When she kisses my lips, for the first time in the six months we've been together, I don't attempt to kiss her back. I'm just not feeling it and honestly haven't been for a of couple weeks.

"Daniels! What's up man?" one of my old football buddies gives me high five.

"Man I can't believe you quit the team. Even your Pops played all the way through until he graduated," one of them complains once again how I'm not playing football this year.

Sure, I could've had a full ride to some Ivy League school too, just like Dad had at the beginning of his senior year but I was just over football by the end of last year. I know what I want for my future and football is nowhere in that equation.

Honestly, I'd rather concentrate on my classes so I've got everything I need to get the best job in the Army possible that has to do with medical. My end goal is to eventually work in the medical field once I'm done with the Army, that's if I don't make the Army a lifelong career.

Karen is hanging onto me like a sloth, making me feel smothered when she begins to laugh obnoxiously. Christ has her voice always been this annoying?

"Oh my God! What the hell is that?" she barks and we all turn to see a girl who just walked through the front doors.

"What the hell is she wearing?" one of Karen's cheerleader bitch of a friend speaks up.

"Not to mention how freakishly tall she is," another one giggles making me cringe.

I look at her appearance and she looks absolutely fine to me. Yeah she's tall for most girls around here but still shorter than me. But honestly, I tower over a majority of everyone at this school so it's not hard. Not only did I get my old man's looks but also his ridiculous height.

I glance at what she's wearing and I don't see the problem. She's sporting distressed skinny jeans, a black tank top, a rolled up sleeved purple plaided button up shirt that's been left open and combat boots. Honestly, she looks pretty cool. Sure it's not the usual style around here but she still looks good.