XVIII. Officially A Man

A/N: So in this chapter it's Jacksons birthday which is March 23rd, making him an Aries. Do you think it fits him? Curious to what your signs are. I myself am a Gemini ^_^

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XVIII. Officially A Man

ONE MONTH LATER:

"Happy Birthday baby boy," Mom nearly sobs as she walks into my room as I finish getting dressed in my 3/4 sleeved navy blue dress shirt and Rock Revival jeans.

"Thanks Mom," I smile at her and give her a warm hug and kiss on the cheek.

Dad walks in behind her, grinning at me as he walks over and gives me a firm hug. I can tell he's getting emotional since he's officially a dad to an adult now.

"Can't believe eighteen years has already passed. Man I feel old now," he laughs as he pats me on the back. My mom smiles up at him and wraps her arm around his waist.

"It's okay I still love you old man," she teases him as she taps the end of his nose with her finger.

"Remember baby to have Lee and Marcus meet us at Miller's tonight for the party," Mom reminds me as she walks out of my room, Dad hot on her tail as usual. I swear I wonder if she ever gets sick of him up her ass constantly.

When Marcus finally moved here, my parents were excited to meet him and of course they hit it off right away. I was so thankful for that. Marcus is a big guy and pretty intimidating at first but deep down he's a great guy. His personality is very similar to Lee's with being down to earth and having a great sense of humor.

Both Sarah and Ford also adore him and think he's the coolest guy they've ever met because of his thick Australian accent and vibrant personality. Plus they think it's awesome he use to fight for a living and then now teaches others how to fight.

Alex of course got star struck at first when he met him, for once unable to talk as he stood there with his jaw hanging.

Even my Grandpa Mike and Great Grandma Elena hit it off with him when he showed up at Miller's the first time. Deep down I was so thankful that everyone got a long with each other because the anxiety and worry was killing me at first.

Later on in the day, I drive over to Miller's and I swear more than half of the town is here. Everyone comes up to greet me by the bar in some way with the usual Happy Birthdays and asking if I feel any older now that I'm officially an adult.

Even though I love seeing everyone here, there's only one person I care about seeing right now and as soon as she walks through the door I can't help the smile on my face as I make my way over to her.

I silently wrap my arms around her to gently kiss her lips and she beams at me in an unusual way. I can tell she's excited about something and I'm about to ask her what's going on when Marcus walks in a few seconds later with a proud smile as he walks up to me.

"There's the birthday boy!" he cheers and puts an arm around my shoulders.

"Hey you two finally made it," Mom smiles and brings in Lee for a warm hug as Dad gives Marcus a handshake.

"Sorry we were late. We were having a bit of a celebration at home. Got a very important notice in the mail this morning," Marcus beams as he pulls Lee in for a side hug.