IV. Tall Glass Of Voss Water

A/N: Well damn Jackson is falling hard and fast. Like father like son?

Remember to vote, comment, and follow!

———
IV. Tall Glass Of Voss Water

LESLIE

I take a deep breath as I place the piece of charcoal in between my fingertips to the paper of my large sketch pad that's leaning against the easel in my Advanced Art class.

It's my last class of the day and I'm thankful for that because I can finally relax before heading home. I've always been an artist and drawing, painting, sculpting, it all has been a kind of therapy for me. Everyone tells me I'm damn good at it but as an artist, I'm my own worst critic when it comes to my own work.

I usually concoct something depending on whatever I'm feeling at that particular moment.

For the first time in a long time, I feel happy.

Happier than I thought I would be after moving from the only home I ever knew, to clear across the world in a small town of people I don't really know that I've maybe seen a handful of times when I'd come to visit throughout the years. It's been quite a few years however since I last stepped foot in this town and I doubt anyone even remembers me.

Mrs. Montgomery, my art teacher has the door opened and I can hear voices outside as I added some shading to my drawing. I happen to look up and that's when I see Jackson or Jax as he asked me to call him—and his friend, I think Alex is his name, walk by. As if we are pulled to one another, Jax happens to look up as he walks by and our eyes lock.

I smile at him as he stops in the doorway with a dimple popping smile and leans in towards me.

"What are you doing in here?" he whispers as he crouches down and sneaks into the class. Alex follows him and gives me an energetic wave.

"Umm it's my advanced art class," I muffle a giggle and look up at Mrs. Montgomery who's making her way around, checking out everyone's work. I'm already done with mine for the most part, now I'm just adding the finishing touches.

"Hey you're really good at this shit," Alex says as he looks at my artwork.

"Thanks," I smile sheepishly at him and tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear that came out of my messy bun on top of my head.

"What are you guys doing? Don't you have class?" I ask and look over at Jackson—fuck calling him Jax—that reminds me too much of the mouth watering specimen off Sons of Anarchy and Jackson may be a tall glass of Voss water; he's nowhere near Jax Teller, he's better.

Plus, I like the name Jackson more.

"No we are done for today. We could've left at lunch time but decided to stick around. I'm glad we did though. Would've missed out on seeing you," Jackson smiles and I can't help the butterflies in my stomach at every one of his words that come from his perfect mouth. I'm utterly consumed by his words and the way his brown eyes gaze into my very soul. Holy shit.

"I mean that in a not some creepy kind of way of course," he quickly corrects his statement, making me laugh.

"Mr. Daniels and Mr. Cambridge, what are you two doing in my class? You two can barely draw a stick figure character so I doubt you're taking this course," Mrs. Montgomery jokes and puts her hands on her hips as she leans over my shoulder while looking over my work.