XXIV. Forgiveness

A/N: So how did you like last chapter with Bex's POV flashback ^_^

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
XXIV. Forgiveness

When I knock on the front door, I'm not at all surprised that Marcus answers it instead of Lee. Maybe she doesn't want to see me and had her dad open it? I hope that's not the case and she's just busy.

Marcus smiles crookedly at me as he opens the screen door and catches me completely off guard when he brings me in for a hug. It's just like the ones he'd give me back in the day, you know the manly hugs. This is not what I was expecting but I'll take it. It's a hell of a lot better than him punching me in the face for knocking up his daughter five years ago.

"Welcome home son, glad to finally have you back," he welcomes me, backing up so I can walk inside.

I glance around and immediately the place screams Lee. The living room to the right is furnished with a lot of contemporary style furnishings with a u-shaped dark grey sectional. A flatscreen is mounted on the wall over a remodeled fireplace with pictures and paintings of Lee's mounted on the mantel. Lee's hope chest is placed in front of the sectional as a coffee table that has a vase of sunflowers in the middle, her favorites.

To the left of the front door is what looks like the kitchen and from what I can see it's completed with newer stainless steel appliances and decorated with different empty bottles of alcohol. Lee always did say she wanted to collect bottles from different bars around the world to decorate her kitchen with.

The house has an open floor plan and off the back of the living room is a doorway that looks like its to an office and straight ahead from the front door is the L-shaped staircase that leads upstairs.

Damn Marcus has done well for himself with this house. Kind of nice that he let Lee decorate it all for him.

"Thanks Marcus. Is Lee awake by chance?" I ask him as I shove my hands in my pockets. He smiles widely at me as he folds his arms over his chest.

"I'm not sure Jackson. Why don't you go find out for yourself. She's the first door on the right," he smirks as he nods his head towards the stairs. I look at him confused, completely caught off guard that he's telling me to go upstairs to his daughters room.

"You're just going to let me go up to your daughters bedroom?" I ask with a nervous laugh, taking a small step back.

"Son, you two are grown ass adults. You created my grand baby upstairs so I know you two have done the deed by now. Besides, this isn't my house to say whether you can go up there or not. The lady of the house is perfectly capable of kicking your ass out of her house if she doesn't really want you here," he laughs while patting me on the shoulder.

"Her house?" I ask surprised as I glance around the house once again. I guess it makes sense why it's decorated to Lee's taste.

"Yes, her house. My baby girl has worked her ass off the last four years to be where she's at. I'm so proud of her," he looks up the stairs while smiling proudly. I smile as well at the thought of Lee doing so well for herself. I knew she could do it, make something of herself.

I stand awkwardly in the entryway as Marcus pats me on the back again while tilting his head up towards the stairs with a smile.

"Go see her. I know she's missed you like crazy and it's been a long five years since you've seen each other. I'll be heading home now. You two behave," he smirks with a wink before walking out the front door.

I slowly make my way upstairs to Lee's bedroom as I glance at the pictures hanging up on the walls. Most of them are of Natalie from when she was a baby until now. I'll have to get a better look at them later but right now, I need to see Lee.