XXVIII. A Night With My Girls

A/N: Such a sweet moment with Natalie and Lee at the end of last chapter ^_^ prepare yourself for more sweet moments ahead <3

Remember to vote and comment.

———
XXVIII. A Night With My Girls

JACKSON

Right now I'm standing outside of Lee's house as I nervously run my fingers through my hair. Shit, I don't know why I'm so fucking nervous.

I'd decided to come here to see Natalie when I got off of work today. I know I'm suppose to wait to do anything bonding wise until Lee tells her but I can't stay away. She's my little girl and all I've been thinking about since mine and Lee's date a couple days ago is spending time with her.

Lee told me the other day that she was going to tell Natalie at her birthday party on Saturday and that made me so happy.

The next day when I went to see Lee at work, Natalie wasn't there but Lee told me she gave Natalie her goodnight kiss from me and she was so happy. Lee had kissed me on the cheek saying it was from Natalie herself and my heart melted.

I ring the doorbell and as I wait, Lee answers the door with a surprised look on her face to see me here but smiles none-the-less. I half expect her to tell me to leave because Natalie is home but she doesn't—instead she backs away and lets me walk in.

"Jackson!" Natalie calls out and surprises me when she runs up to me, wrapping her arms around my leg.

I can feel the tears forming in my eyes as I quickly wipe them away and kneel down in front of her.

"Hello Natalie, how was your day sweetheart?" I ask her and she smiles widely at me, eyes bright with happiness.

"It was fine. Our class got a new fish today," she smiles while holding her hands behind her back, making me smile at her charm.

"Oh yeah? What's its name?" I ask thoroughly interested. I want to hear all about her day.

"Miss Kathy hasn't decided yet. She said she'll let us know on Monday," she pouts and I grin at her cute little pout.

I reach over to gently grab her hand and she smiles, surprising me when she pulls me towards the living room. I glance over at Lee and she's smiling from ear to ear.

Natalie sits down in the middle of the sectional and pats the seat next to her. I can't help but chuckle as I sit down next to her.

Lee walks towards the kitchen, leaving me alone with our daughter and I'm really surprised she's being so calm with this. Maybe because tomorrow is her party and she plans on telling Natalie anyways, that she doesn't mind that I'm here wanting to spend a night with my girls.

I'm kind of nervous now about Natalie finding out. Will she be upset? Will she be disappointed that I'm her dad and not some other guy?

Natalie tucks her legs underneath her and looks up at me curiously. She edges closer to me and I can tell she wants to talk to me but she's unsure of how to start. She's a shy little thing at first but once she gets use to you, she won't stop talking. Just like her mama.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask her and she smiles at me, thankful I'm starting off the conversation.

"Umm. How long have you been a doctor?" she asks and I'm surprised that's what she wants to talk about.