Virgil X Reader

I got bored and didn't know what to do.

----------------

Your View

-------------------

My hand rested on the window, peering through the glass and peeking at the outside world, how did it feel to be outside? I wouldn't know, I was kept inside my whole life by my mother who believed so terribly that I was insane but what made me different from her? Apart from the trauma of having to of relied on her my whole life and never being able to do anything for myself since she wouldn't let me, there was nothing else that made me any different. If I was crazy, so was she.

A guy from outside peaked my interest, my eyes wandered down to him. The guy looked up at my window and waved, his smile was so wide it made his eyes squint. I waved back to him and he tried to wave me down, I shook my head and he thought of something 'down' he mouthed to me. I accepted and walked downstairs to the next window. 

He walked over to the window, the pane of glass was the only thing separating us, separating me from the real world. I could go outside if I wanted to. My mother died last week. But I had no experience in the world so I'm not sure on what I could really do. Maybe I could open myself up to this guy? I wasn't sure but wanted to at least make an effort to befriend him.

I placed my hands on the windowsill, getting closer to the glass. "Hey" He said inaudibly, I couldn't hear him but I could read his lips. "I can't hear you" I pointed to my ear and to my lips, making my words more obvious, he got an idea and left for a bit. When he came back, he arrived with a white board and marker. 

My eyes lit up and I went searching for something to use. I entered my mother's room and found the whiteboard she'd use for teaching me things like washing the laundry and for setting ground rules such as: Do not go outside, don't talk with anyone- Things like that. I ran right over to the window again and started writing.

"I'm Virgil" The guy wrote down and showed me, I grinned and let myself feel happy for the first time. "I'm Y/n" I put the board in front of me, Virgil looked from the board and then to my face, "Your name suits you" he complimented me. "Thanks, yours too." He laughed a bit. "Do you have a phone?" I smirked "Oh? Are you asking for my number?" His face flushed and he became defensive. "No." He wrote down and then quickly rubbed away "okay. Maybe" I giggled.

I put down my phone number and he hastily wrote his, the numbers were a bit shaky. I pulled my phone out and started typing in his digits when he suddenly called me. A weird type of feeling arrived in my head and I knew it to be listed as, what my mother had told, Anxiety. I picked up the phone call, my voice was laced with fear of meeting new people.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked me and I nodded my head "Yeah, I'm alright.. You?" He laughed again, pain dripping from his throat "Why can't you come out?" I chuckled at his question, quickly shutting up. "I-uh.. I've never really- been outside before.." I brushed a piece of hair back, a bead of sweat dripped to the ground and I wiped it away. "Are you lying?" I shook my head "My Mom has kept me in here my whole life in fear of me being unstable. I've done nothing wrong, ever." 

I can tell he's not happy, I can see his face welling with anger "Seriously? She sounds terrible" I nodded my head "yeah, she had to do everything for me.. She wouldn't let me do anything, fearing that letting me do anything would make me crack but- Now she's gone and I can't do anything for myself." Virgil listened to me carefully "Can I come inside?" Virgil asked, I could tell he was getting anxious too.

"Would you want to?" I become more calm and then straight away he is relieved "yeah.." I smile "I'll open the door then.." I walk over to the front entrance. "How am I meant to undo the lock?" I get a thought and follow it through, I take my elbow and I jab it at the lock. The lock falls to the ground and I rub at my elbow, it starts to bruise.

Virgil walks inside "You're taller in person" I say while looking at him. "Did you break the lock?" I nodded my head "All of the keys to this house were hidden by my mother, no one else knows I even exist so they wouldn't know about any keys.." I explain to him and he listens again, patting me on the back. 

"H-Have you been eating?" I nodded my head "I ran out of food though" I crossed my arms and rubbed my elbow again nervously. Virgil hopped over my kitchen counter and took a peek inside my fridge "There's so much stuff here, Y/n. What are you talking about?" I laughed nervously "I can't eat any of that by itself" It was all just ingredients or meat. "I'm basically a vegetable" I laughed again. 

"D-do you know how to cook?" I shake my head "Not allowed to do ANYTHING. I wasn't allowed to eat by myself, she had to blend it all. I wasn't allowed to sleep when I wanted to, she had to come in and chloroform me." Virgil brings me into a hug, something I have never felt before but knew of. "Is this meant to hurt?" Virgil shakes his head "It's meant t-to comfort, is it not working?" I nod my head.

"Would you like to stay with me and my brothers?" That question lingered around my mind "Huh?" I had to ask again to make sure I heard right. "Would you like to stay with me and my brothers? You seem nice and we'd be more than happy to have you stay with us." I take it into consideration and I nod my head, goodbye old life and hello new world.