Murder Mystery Retry P1

This chapter is the exact same as the first part, just skip and go straight to the choices.

-------------------

your view

-----------------------------------

I stared at the crumbling note in front of me, stained with a bit of tears, the parchment it was written on had smelt a little odd but I decided to just leave it alone. It was a letter from Thomas, he was holding a type of party where we had to dress up, everyone had different characters however.

I was supposed to dress as a mage but I have no idea what I'd wear, so I keep on staring at the note. I get worked up a lot over useless things like this but It really effects me, the way that people perceive me.

I could maybe not go? No! Thomas want's you. I could lie? No. Thomas is your friend and you wouldn't want that on your mind. Maybe you should just ask him what to wear, he'll probably come up with something to help- Unless- you ask someone else?

I decide to not call Thomas and to call Roman instead, he's usually good at fashion. I pick up my phone and I start to dial his number in, it starts ringing and almost instantly he picks up the phone "Hello?" He asks "Hey Princey." I smile.

"Oh, Y/n! Marvelous to hear your voice. Are you going to Thomas's party?" He asks me and I respond "Yeah, that's actually what I was calling about. I don't know what to wear." I laugh nervously "Oh, what are you meant to be coming as?" His voice gets a little bit louder and I have to move the phone away from me.

"A Mage." Roman gasps from the other side "You're the mage? That's so cool! I got put with being the Explorer." He explains to me "Oh, that's cool. What am I gonna wear though? I don't think I exactly have anything to wear that could be used-" Roman shushes me over the phone.

"Hush, Hush. I'm coming over." He hangs up on me and I feel a little bit offended. Thanks for coming over though, I guess. I wasn't too keen on having people over at my house since it was a bit messy but Roman should be fine with it since his room is an actual garbage dump.

The bell is rung repeatedly and the sound hurts my ears. I rush over to the door and I open it up, only to be met with Deceit. "May I help you?" I ask him and he nods his head "What do you want?" I ask him and he wipes his eyes. "I'm listed as 'back up' for the party.." Deceit says tiredly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" he asks me with an annoyed tone "How would you even dress as that? Would that be a bit like a ranger?" I question and he shakes his head while looking at the ground. "I see Y/n's not the only person with a wardrobe problem" Roman struts through the front door and makes his way over to us.

"What are you listed as?" Roman looks at Deceit up and down and I can feel the tension from here "I'm listed as back up." Deceit genuinely looks confused. "Do you want me to help you with your costume too?" Roman asks and Deceit shakes his head "I don't want your help" he spits out and lays on my couch.

I'm not the bestest of friends with Deceit, we were once indeed listed as enemies, but- I can tell something about being listed as 'back up' is bothering him and I don't feel comfortable with leaving him in such discomfort.

"Deceit, why don't you like being listed as back up?" Deceit stares up at me from the couch, his eyes were glossy and red. I sat down next to him as Roman took the seat in front of us. "Because!- Why do we need to have these costumes to be allowed inside? Why do we all have weirdly specific outfits?" Deceit leaned into the chair even more and closed his eyes.

"d-did Virgil make you anxious?" Deceit shudders "I went inside his room and didn't realize what effect he would've taken on me." Deceit covers his face with his gloved hands "Let's help you." I tell him as I place a hand on him. "I don't really want to be helped, I feel like a burden" Deceit cries out.

It took a while, I'm not going to be lying. Deceit eventually calmed down after maybe two hours of trying, after we got him some odd salty water. Deceit didn't like the water and spat it out, which might've gotten rid of Virgil's anxiety spores.

Roman was relieved to of calmed down Deceit, because that'd mean that we could finally start getting ready on the costumes. "You don't have to worry, I've already gotten you an outfit." Roman hands it to me and I stare it at very confused.

"you're holding it the wrong way." Roman chuckles and I fix it up. It's a black coat. I could probably wear this and something else- Maybe some ripped pants and like- A blouse? Do I have one? I'm not sure but I still check.

I walk into another room and I slip on the clothes. Do I look okay? I clutch onto my chest and I take a deep breath. I open the door and I exit that room, heading back to Deceit and Roman. "You look- bad." Deceit smiles at me sweetly. Roman gives me a thumbs up and I feel slightly better.

"I'll just be a sec" Deceit pops down, just as Roman does. It takes a second. Roman pops back up "is it too much?" he asks me and I shake my head "I'm gad you didn't go for the safari guy approach." We both share a laugh. Deceit pops back up and we both stare at him for a while.

Deceit gets annoyed at this and covers himself with his arms "Dude! You look great! I can see what you were going for, very nice!" I pat Deceit on the back and he gives a tiny smile, his eyes squinting and his fangs poke through.

"When are we meant to be going?" Roman asked as he was looking at the clock "Oh, um, 7pm I think" I answer "I thought we had to be there by eight." Deceit crossed his arms and looked to the clock on the wall "Well, it's six.. Do you still have your letter?" I nod and pass Roman the letter.

"Why does it smell so weird?" Deceit sniffs the note "I'm not sure. It was like that when I got it." I shrugged and they both looked at the time "Um- Mine didn't have these rules.." I was confused "Huh? Rules? There's no rules-" They hand it back over to me and I get stunned.

"This wasn't here before..." They both peer over my shoulders and I go through the list of all the rules.

"1)Not everyone can be trusted. 2)Don't stray from the path. 3)Don't question anything until it's time. 4) Come individually 5)Take a mask, you don't know what's in there." I dropped the paper and it fell to the ground gracefully. I didn't touch it again.

"What the heck?" I was a little frightened "I agree it's a little weird. But- It's not the weirdest thing that's happened." Roman placed his hand on my shoulder and I gave an unsure smile. "Guys- we should get going" Deceit reminds us.

"Oh, how are you guys getting there?" I ask them "Thomas said there would be people to pick everyone up." Roman told me and I relaxed a bit. "Alright, see you guys at the party?" They nod their heads "see ya!" Roman waves to me and I wave back, same to Deceit but I don't think he notices.

In the mean time, until whoever comes to pick me up arrives..

(COMMENT YOUR ANSWER, EVERY CHOICE CHANGES THE STORY ENTIRELY)

What do I do?

a) Pack Snacks

b)Just Draw

c)Go outside

d)Watch the TV

-------------------