Forget-Me-Not

CHAPTER 26: Forget-Me-Not (Alaska's state flower :D )

It's kind of short but that's because I wanted it to be seperate from the crazy next chapter. I ended it earlier than where I planned.

I’m not sure how long I was outside, but after coming up with a plan, I made my way inside just as Nadya called out for dinner. Alaure, honey, did you talk to Baxter about what you wanted to? I nodded and gave her an empty smile, hoping she wouldn’t comment on it. I was tempted to skip dinner, but I needed to not be hungry when I left. I sat down at the table, served myself a rather large heaping of spaghetti and meatballs, and mechanically ate it, not really tasting anything or thinking about eating. I kept my head down and zoned off.

“Is she okay?” I heard a voice ask.

“I don’t know, she’s been like this since she came in,” Nadya replied. Usually I would lift my head to take in my surroundings, but the position was just so comfortable and calming I didn’t bother. When my fork scratched the bottom of the plate, I finally looked up.  Bax sat as far away from me as possible, quietly eating, Nadya was next to me and Damon was across from me.

“Well you’re awfully quiet today. How on earth did that happen?” Damon laughed.

I scowled at him and grunted before eating the remains of my spaghetti.

“And you too Bax. You’re always getting on my nerves. Have I been forgiven of all my sins and blessed or something? Damon laughed again. “This is such an awesome day.”

“I hardly believe your sins are something that can be forgiven,” I spat glaring at him.

“And what would you know about my sins?” Damon inquired, leaning forward on the table, intimidatingly.

“Kidnapping helpless people, physically abusing someone considerable weaker than you, and murder,” I accused, pushing my chair back and standing up, “I think those three alone should suffice in sending you straight to the depths of HELL!” I growled before stomping off to my room.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Damon POV

My giddy mood immediately melted away into irritation at Alaure for throwing false accusations at me without any justification.  Did I hear her right? Did she seriously just accuse me of murder? Did she know about Chloe or was she just assuming things? And what was all this about physical abuse? I would hardly consider that slap on her first day to be considered physical abuse.  

I turned to Bax and venomously hissed, “What did you do?”

He shrugged apathetically. “I didn’t do anything. Not a single one of her accusations were incorrect though.”

“She accused me of physical abuse—“

“And she was right.”