The Proposition

Okay extra long upload today. I hope this chapter doesn't disappoint. It's wont hurt my feelings at all if you complain about everything that you don't like. Trust me I will love you more for it. I need to improve :) This really gets into the transition of some more information. Next chapter we'll find out some more about Master's business and maybe, possibly his name.

CHAPTER 10

I felt like someone had just hit the side of my head with a baseball bat. My hand involuntarily jerked up to the side of my head and I winced, the pain was memorable. Breakable.  It wasn’t something one could easily forget, and it acted as a switch to my emotions reminding me what I wouldn’t let occur again. Helpless. My body went numb as my fear was sucked into the very back of my mind, leaving me cold and emotionless. Weak.

“I see you haven’t fixed that mop you call hair,” he jeered. I sat there quietly not looking at anything specific, zoning out at the decorative ornaments on the shelf behind him, and subconsciously hearing his comments. Well I’ve been kind of trapped in a metal box for the last few days. There’s not much there to fix my hair with except dirt, and it doesn’t do a very good job.

“What did I tell you last time we spoke?” he said through gritted teeth.  I remained motionless. What did he expect me to do? Thank him for making fun of my hair?

“Look at me, WHEN I TALK!” he roared in frustration, “Don’t make me slap you again.” Oh so you hit women? You’re such a gentleman.  

I flicked my emotionless eyes to his grey ones that were burning holes into my head.

“Good girl. You’ll make such a good pet,” he derided with a content smile on his face. 

“She already looks like a scared puppy,” Bax sniggered.

My eyes narrowed at him, “What the hell Bax?” My eyes widened for a second, realizing I had accidently said that out loud, but I didn’t back down.  If there was one thing I had learned from orchestra in high school it was that you never let the audience know you made a mistake. Everything you did was on purpose.

“Bax huh?” he said intently staring at me. “So when did you two get so cozy huh? I never thought you, Bax” he said mockingly, “would lower your standards to this, this creature.”

“Creature?” I reiterated acidly.

“Isn’t that what I said?” He turned to Bax, “You’re being awfully silent Bax. Don’t you want to defend your pet?” I looked over at Bax who was looking back and forth between him and me, his mouth opened and closed like a fish, as if he were about to say something but decided against it. 

I rolled my eyes frowned at the vulgar boy sitting in front of me. “What the hell is your problem?”

My problem?” he laughed, “My problem is that I have an irksome, irreverent, imp stuck in my house and an inane boy who can’t follow instructions as my employee!” he bellowed.

“Hey, don’t be like that man,” Bax said. Oh so now he decides to speak?

“Shut up you incompetent nincompoop!” I pressed my fingers over my lips, suppressing the urge to giggle at his choice of words.

Bax went silent in an instant and bowed his head, staring at the floor as if the most interesting movie had just appeared on the tile. Looking closely, I could see his hands balled up into tight fists, the color draining out of his hands.  

“You’re such a great boss,” I said sarcastically, “When can I start working for you?” I said exuberantly.  

The strangest smile crossed his face, making me regret my sarcastic question. “Sooner than you think,” he replied smugly.