Lost Soul Mate

Um...things MAY change depending on how I go about the next chapter.

I'm not really content with this chapter and entirely changed the ending of this chapter and also what I was initially going to do witht eh whole party scene.

Emmy Rossum =Chloe (Clover -- Damon's nickname for her)

CHAPTER 23

Note: This chapter is really crazy and some things seem VERY weird. You have to remember that Damon is completely wasted. His thoughts aren’t quite coherent. His common sense and ability to think are impaired at this moment.

“Chloe,” he mumbled again, making me snap out of my analysis of him.

“Get out of here. I’m not Chloe, “I snapped, turning back around to get away from the drunken idiot.

“You can’t fool me Clover. I would never forget that dress. I bought it for you. It’s an original. No one else can ever have that dress,” Damon babbled on. Suddenly I felt uncomfortable and out of my skin in this dress.

“Damon, it’s Al—“I stopped mid-sentence. What the hell was I doing? Damon was drunk as hell, I could find out something! I couldn’t let this opportunity go to waste. I had already missed my first opportunity. Let’s just hope he was drunk enough.

“Okay, you caught me, Damon. I am Chloe, but so what? I don’t want anything to do with you. You didn’t love me. You left me,” I said, making it up as I went. I had no idea what went down, but I was willing to be Damon would try to correct me.

“Of course I loved you Clover! You were the only girl I EVER loved.  How could you ever think I didn’t love you? I-I- I don’t know what to say except that I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry. What I did to you…I regret it every day of my life. I-I didn’t mean to! I-I I don’t even know how to apologize,” he stuttered. “I miss you, love.  You were my everything and now I’m left with nothing.”

“What’re you going on about Damon? What’re you apologizing for?”

“Do you not know? How do you not know? Did you lose your memory when it all happened? How are you standing here in front of me? Are you a ghost? OH! I’m so SO sorry! Does that mean you don’t remember me? Do you remember all the great time we had together? But you know my name! So that’s good news, no? You must remember something. Unless I gave you my name earlier.”

“Uh…it’s your party, that’s how I know your name,” I lied on the spot, “I really don’t remember you, or anything.”

The most stricken look fell across his face you would think someone told him he only had 24 hours to live. His despondency was so deep I almost wanted to say that I was just joking and that I knew everything about him.

“Why are you here? How did you get here?”

“Uhh…I…don’t…know? How about you tell me about you and me and try to jog my memory a little. Maybe then I’ll remember.”