Chapter 32: Eating Dinosaurs

I think you'll like this one :)...or at least I hope you will..well you might not like the beginning. Don't hate me for that. Alaure just...meh just read!

RECAP

“I’m glad that out of all the people in the world, you were the first I ever brought here. No one else would have appreciated it as you have.”

I was the first person he ever brought here? I looked up at him again. “You never brought Chloe here?”

“No,” he whispered, “Only you.”

I couldn’t help my eyes from trailing down to his perfect, pink lips. They seemed so inviting and soft. I wonder how it would feel to press my lips against his. My heart fluttered at the thought.

“But why?” I whispered, barely moving my lips to speak as if any movements or too loud a whisper would shatter the connection between us.

“You ask too many questions,” he murmured, his eyes trailing down to my lips. He began to lean in very slightly. My heart was beating so hard I could feel every pulse, hear every thump in my ear, but it wasn’t out of anticipation, it was all my odd fears.  Do I have lip hair? Is that gonna feel gross? What if I just start drooling? What if I faint? What if I’m the worst kisser ever? What if this makes things awkward? What about these feelings? Can I really trust him with my heart? Do I really want to kiss him? I felt sweat beginning to form on my palms as my forehead and neck got really hot. Suddenly I felt like I couldn’t breathe.

Chapter 32: Eating Dinosaurs

I couldn’t do it. I just couldn’t. I wasn’t ready.

 “SO DAMON,” I blurted much louder than anticipated causing both of us to jump slightly,” there’s one thing you haven’t gotten to yet.”

He gave me a questioning look as we both settled back down from our awkward moment and cleared his throat. “And what would that be?”

“The whole reason you started the story. You haven’t told me about how you became involved in this human trafficking thing. All this time you were supposed to be telling me why it is you’re not the “mastermind” behind this whole operation and your connection to it. It almost seems like you’ve told me about all this information about your company to avoid the real subject at hand here.”

He breathed out a half-hearted chuckle, “Nothing gets by you, does it Alaure?”

“Of course not, you’re speaking to a totally analytical nerd here, remember?”

“Of course I am. How could I possibly have forgotten? Truthfully I was hoping you wouldn’t remember to ask about it. It’s not something I like to talk about, especially since it involves Chloe.  I actually don’t think I’ve told anyone else about it other than Nadya. It’s very painful to get into.  I feel as if a thin metal wire is coiling around my throat and heart when I recall the incidents leading up to it. Although I was avoiding the subject, I suppose what I told you is somewhat loosely related to what I’m going to tell you about this whole kidnapping thing going on. Besides, I feel like it’s something you needed in order to understand me better and make more sense of everything.  It’s just…,” he breathed and sat up straight, “Remind me, why am I telling you all of this?”

“Because,” I began, “I was truthful to you and told you everything I remembered about Bax and the night I was kidnapped, so you’re returning the favor by being honest to me and proving that I can trust you.”

“Right,” he exhaled, that’s why.

He closed his eyes and muttered something unintelligible under his breath.