Bickering Breakfast

Okay sorry for the extremely long wait!!!! I was so caught up with school work.

****IMPORTANT***** Expect delays in uploads until AFTER about the first/ second week of May. I have AP exams and subject tests coming up and I really have to concentrate on those. My mom has been bugging me about it too :( I'm so sorry but my school work does come ahead of my story. I may upload again within the next week though :)

                  The next morning when I awoke, it was still fairly dark outside. It felt odd but I had to keep reminding myself that the sun was only up for about four hours each day in December. Grabbing my glasses and tucking them into place on my face, I glanced over at the alarm clock which read 7:00AM. So I suppose the sun wouldn't have even risen in California.

                   I looked beside me expecting to find a human body but instead was only greeted with empty blankets. I threw off my blankets and walked to the door. I tried to turn the door knob, but when it didn't move I looked down at it, remembering that the nincompoop had switched it lock from the inside. Dang it! I jiggled the door knob in frustration and sighed. How long would I be in here? I banged on the door and screamed, "Let me out of here! Hello? Master nincompoop? Are you there?" Feeling trapped as ever, I banged on the door even harder.

                 "Cut it out would you!" A voice sharply said.

                I looked around the room for him, but didn't see anyone there. "Where are you?"

                 "On the wall, idiot."

                 I turned to my left and saw a sleek metallic-silver and black box with a screen on it. It was one of those nifty home intercom systems.

              "Oh," I replied dumbly, examining the contraption. I switched through the panels until I found his annoyed face looking at me.

            "Hi!" I waved, "Haha, this is so cool!"

              I began flipping through the panels again, seeing views of some of the other rooms. The screen with his face on it came back without my doing.

                  He rolled his eyes at me, "Are you done playing now?"

                 "Whoa how'd you do that?!"

             "I have control over all the panels and cameras," he said in the most obvious way, "Have you never seen a home intercom system before?"

                     "I've never lived in a house big enough to need one," I shrugged.

                  "Okay well quit touching it, stay put, and I'll be up in a minute with breakfast."

                  "'Kay" I shrugged offhandedly.

                     He turned the screen off and I went into the bathroom to wash my face off. The luxuriousness of the house was finally starting to become normal to me so I wasn't as caught off guard when I saw the granite countertop, fluffy mat, 3D wall paint, intricate details in décor, and second half of the bathroom that was accessible through the large, multi-faceted shower. It was literally just as large as a second master bedroom.

                  I grabbed some facial soap, took off my glasses, and began to rub my face. After rinsing it off with some water I took a good look into the mirror. Even at such a close proximity, the outlines of me in the mirror were somewhat blurry. Everything behind me just looked like blobs. Placing my elbows into the counter, I examined my green eyes, my mother's eyes. God I missed her. Right now they were a very light, calm shade, like the algae filled lake near our house we used to sit by.