3: The 4th Day

FINALLY WROTE SOME MORE! I feel better now. I'll try and upload some more this weekend but I have a ton of things to study for on this upcoming Tuseday so I'll have to see.

I am SO SO SO sorry about the long wait. I hope it wasn't discouraging.

Chapter 3

DAY 4

Three days had gone by since I first woke up in this filthy, cold cell. My emotions had been a like a  rollercoaster or as if I was on my period but 3 times as bad. I had gone from feeling sad to worried to hopeless to furious, to hysterical and finally just flat out depressed.

I hadn’t seen any real daylight except for the small amount from the barred window.  On top of all that, I reeked. I hadn’t showered in days and I felt gross which added to my lethargy.

Never before had I been so discontent with having nothing to do, no homework, no studying, no exams, and no school. Every day was the same hackneyed routine.

Nadya would bring me breakfast, then lunch, and then dinner. I was thankful, though, that he wasn’t starving me. Every day after dinner Nadya would ask me on his behalf if I had anything to say, and every day I would send her away empty handed.

Honestly, I couldn’t remember anything past the incident at the coffee shop. I tried to remember anything I could from the past week, not for him, but to figure out myself what was going on, where I was, why I was here. It was a futile attempt though, for it was all like a dream, completely forgotten, as if those days had never occurred.

Luckily for me, Nadya was kind enough not to let me rot in complete boredom, she sent me down some books to read, but even that got annoying, so on the 4th day, I was ready to put my foot down, or rather beg to be let out. I would go mad if I was kept in here any longer.

I was sprawled across the bed thinking of what I would tell Nadya to convince her to let me out while I waited for her to come down with breakfast. When I heard footsteps, I sat up on the bed, reviwing the points in my head.

When the door opened, I completely forgot everything I was going to say as I stared in confusion at the guy with blonde hair, the same one from the first day. What was his name again? Ben? Bart? Barry? I know its Ba- something. Oh yeah, Baxter. It was kind of a sexy name. I laughed to myself.

“What’s so funny?” Baxter asked. I hadn’t realized I had laughed out loud. Oops.

“Oh nothing,” I smiled secretively, “Where’s Nadya?”

“She went out to run some errands, grocery shopping and whatnot.”

“So we aren’t in the middle of nowhere?”

“Nice try, but I’m not saying anything.” He chuckled.

I shrugged. It was worth a shot, even if it was a longshot.

“So what’s for breakfast?”

He handed me the tray and said, “Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, an omelet, and a banana.”

I scrunched my nose, “Did you put this together?”

“Yep,” he replied beaming at me.

“Uhh…not to step on your pride or anything, but it doesn’t look very appetizing,” I laughed nibbling on the omelet. Nadya always made amazing meals. For breakfast she would often make pancakes or waffles or even French toast with mixed fruits, fresh juice, and the most amazing scrambled eggs. I guess that was one perk of being trapped here, free five star meals.

“Well if you don’t want to eat, I can just take it back and starve you.” He replied bitterly, his ego obviously bruised.

“No, no,” I quickly interjected, “This is fine. I happen to love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but you can take back the banana.” I had to be hungrier than I was to even think about eating that rotten banana. “Bananas make me want to barf. Something about the smell just bothers me. Even when I do eat them, I eat the green ones because they don’t have such a pungent scent, and that’s only by force.”

“Me too!” he exclaimed, almost in a child-like manner, “I hate bananas! High-five!”

I reached out to high-five him, but he pulled away at the last minute, “Ha ha, too slow!”

I rolled my eyes at him and scoffed, “What are you, 7 years old?”

“Pfft, does this look like the body of a 7 year old to you?” he said flexing his bicep.

“You’re so skinny. Maybe you should work out more.” It was quite the opposite really. He had defined muscles which I could easily see through his shirt making it obvious he had spent some serious time in the gym.

“Baby I think you need to get some thicker glasses because this load of handsome can bench 275 lbs”

I rolled my eyes, “Your ego is the size of Texas.  Be Careful buddy, you don’t want that big head of yours to grow larger than those muscles.”

“Ha! So you admit I’m muscular.”

I sighed and shook my head, taking another bite of my food, “If it makes you stop bragging, then yes.”

“Yep, I’m content. Not that I need re-assurance of my amazingness from a geek like you,” he smirked.

“I thought you said you would stop bragging. And don’t call me a geek.”

“Alright, fine. I’m sorry.”

“Thank you,” I sighed drinking the milk from my cereal bowl. I stared at the only thing remaining, the dreaded banana. I stared at it for a moment, contemplating what to do with it. Baxter wasn’t going to eat it and I certainly wasn’t going to eat it either. I looked at the window and smiled deviously. I took the banana off the plate, opened the glass part of the window and chucked it out.

 “All done,” I announced cheerfully. He smirked and shook his head at me.

"What? It's not like you would have eaten it either!" I retorted.

"You got me there," he shrugged.

Strangely, I was in a much better mood overall than I’d been in the last few days and sadly, this was the most entertaining thing I had done over the past 4 days. I guess I just really needed someone to talk to after my extended "time-out".

But that feeling quickly faded as Baxter grabbed my tray and began to walk back towards the door. “Well, see you later.”

“WAIT!” I yelled as terror and worry struck me, “Please don’t leave me here all alone. It’s awful in here. I swear I will go mad if I don’t get out of this cell! Please, I’ll do anything. I don’t care if you have to tie my hands up or whatever, but please just take me out of here. I’m bored out of my mind, and I smell like rotten fish. Can I at least please take a shower?”

He stood by the door and contemplated it for a moment. My heart clenched at the thought of being stuck in here for another 24 hours. “Okay, but if you try to do anything I don’t approve of, you’ll be back in here. I could get in huge trouble with…your master, if he finds out what I’m about to do. Actually, YOU would probably get in more trouble.”

“I promise I won’t try anything!” I exclaimed, jumping off the bed, bubbling with excitement and relief.

“Pinky swear.” he smiled.

I laughed and hooked our pinkies, “I pinky promise.”

He smirked and opened the door wider. I grinned gleefully as I walked ahead of him.