Keep Breathing

Okay so quick note, last chapter Alaure and Damon got a little warm and cozy, this chapter is kind of a jump so you don’t need a recap. They’re finally going to implement a plan. This is a transitional chapter.

On a final note. It pains me SO MUCH to have waited so SO long to upload. Please forgive me for making you all wait so long! I cannot express how deeply apologetic I am for this. I love you all so much for all your encouraging comments and for being so patient and sticking with me. I read every single one of your comments even if I don’t respond.  Thank you all so much <3. Ok proceed.

Chapter 32: Keep Breathing

                “Hold still,” Damon demanded.

                “NO! I won’t make this easy on you. I still don’t like the idea of having a tracking device installed into my body.

                “Well it’s for your own safety, which you really should be worrying about, so suck it up. Besides it’ll only pinch a bit.”

                “Remind me again why I’m letting you do this? Couldn’t you have hired an expert? I don’t trust you near my body. What if you mess up and cut a giant gash into my arm and I bleed to death?”

                He gave me an odd look. “I’m putting it in your wrist, stupid, not some major artery or something. Plus it’s just a small hole. I don’t need a surgeon to make a small incision.”

                “I still don’t trust you.”

                “Aw, that’s too bad,” he said, grabbing my wrist in an inescapable grip. Knowing I couldn’t avoid this any longer, I simply winced and looked away. I felt the small, sharp stinging of the needle penetrating my skin and ground my teeth together.

                “There, all done,” Damon announced, putting on a small bandage for the small amount of blood leaking out.

                “Really? That simple? No excessive bleeding? No mistakes?” I said, looking at the small circular bandage on my wrist.

                “I told you, you can trust me.”

“Yeah, yeah. Okay. You were right…for once. Happy?”

“Immensely,” he said with a stunning smile that made me hold my breath.

“So is that little chip inside me all I need to do this?”

“Yepp. You’re all set.”

“What, no microphone so I can give you information? No hearing device so you can talk to me?”

“You want me to make more incisions?”

“Uh, never mind,” I quickly replied.

“Besides, even if I were to put something on you it would all be taken away. All your jewelry, earrings, necklaces, etc. will be taken off you. Not that you really ever wear any of that anyways,” he explained while scanning my body.

“O-Ok so now what?”

He frowned and scratched the back of his head. “Let’s sit down so I can explain this to you. This is going to be the hardest part,” he said as he moved a loose piece of hair behind my ear. He sat me down in his large office chair and loomed over me.

“You’re only going to have a limited amount of time to carry out the plan before it gets too dangerous. Somewhere between 24 to 48 hours, so you need to listen to me very carefully about what’s going to happen and what you need to do to ensure Jayden and your safe return.”