Hide and Seek part 2

Sorry it took so long for me to upload. I added a WHOLE LOT more things in this chapter than what was originally supposed to be here. It took me a little over 3 hours to write this. Can you believe it?! I guess I'm just a slow writer, but I'm very picky with my words. If you look carefully you'll notice a lot of alliteration (more so in the last chapter actually), onomatopoeias, and a very intericate choice in adjectives and verbs.

Alaure on the side there. It's really hard to find an ugly picture of this girl...just pretend she has bushy eyebrows, thick glasses (no not the hipster thick FRAME glasses), messy un-tamed hair, er and well no make up...

And how about some fun music to go with the chappie haha :)

BIG THANKS TO DESTENY_HURLEY FOR ENHANCING THE QUALITY OF THE COVER FOR ME!! :D

Chapter 8

I was squatting uncomfortably and my neck was bent around the pipes because of the sink. I noticed that behind me were a few rolls of toilet paper. I sat down on them slowly and felt a little relief as the pressure was removed from my legs, but the relief didn't last long as I felt another pain in my bladder.

                Just my luck. Why is that whenever someone is hiding, they realize how badly they need to pee? It's just not fair!

                 Well it probably won't take too long anyway. It should only take about a minute right? 

               Clink, came the noise of ceramic hitting ceramic...why would he be putting the toilet seat down? Oh...I guess this will take longer than expected...great. This was definitely my lucky day.

                Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I felt the light tickles of what seemed like a feather against my leg. My entire body went rigid. Slowly, it began to move up my leg, tickling me with every step of its tiny eight legs. It took every ounce of self-restraint I had to not shriek or burst into laughter. My eyes began to moisten and my muscles tensed as I remembered that day 10 years ago.

               I hated it when he was this way. I still loved him at the time. How could I not? But those nights when he staggered home, the smell of vodka on his breath, that blank, dazed look in his eyes when he forgot who I was, I hated it. I feared it. I stayed awake past my bedtime on those nights and I hid wherever I could. I had gotten fairly good at our little game of hide and seek though. My best spot was the closet full of blankets in the spare room. I would hide between the two neatly placed stacks of blankets, making sure I was completely invisible, leaving only a small crack of light to leak through the blankets and just hope he didn't find me. It was perfect. And if I ever needed to use the restroom, I would make sure the coast was clear and dash across the bedroom to the bathroom. I never flushed out of fear that he would hear me, find me, and beat me.

               This was just like that worst night. I had been soundly hiding in the blankets, about to drift off to sleep when I heard the door slam shut. He was early. I could hear the pounding of his feet against each stair as I heard him storm into my room. "ALAURE!" he thundered, his voice rumbling through the house. He had definitely been drinking, but it seemed like he was much less drunk than most days. That was dangerous. Much more dangerous than when he was almost completely unconscious, and worst of all, he was mad. "Where are you, you little twerp?" his voiced boomed once again. I was a statue between those blankets, terrified, transfixed.

                 Bangs and crashes reverberated throughout the house as he slammed open doors and knocked over objects. No. Please don't find me. Please. Please. My eyes welled up in dread of what the future held. It was then that I felt the arachnid crawl up my leg. My eyes widened and I bit my lip to hold back a whimper. I didn't want to touch it. I didn't want it crawling on my hand. I knew I would scream. And I certainly wouldn't squish it. I shivered at the thought of bug guts on my hand. I pleaded with it in my head to stop crawling and that I would greatly appreciate if he would climb off me, but to no avail.

BAM! Came the noise of the room door hitting the wall. "I can't wait to get my hands on you, you little demon. Yeah, that's what you are. A little demon! You ruined my life!" 

BAM! Came the noise of the closet door hitting the wall. More light shone through the small crack of the blankets as I nearly jumped. He searched through the clothes; probably expecting to find me crouched underneath them like little kids do in the clothes racks at stores. No. He wouldn't find me. No. But the matter was out of my hands as the spider began to scuttle from my leg to my back, running over all my ticklish spots and I just couldn't take it anymore.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!" I screeched, flailing my arms around and running like a madman. I didn't hesitate. I ran straight for the door, not once looking behind me.

"Get back here you bitch!"

My heart was beating like a metronome at its highest count, the sound of my blood pulsing, thudded in my ears. I ran as fast as my little feet could take me, focused solely on putting one foot in front of the next and looking straight ahead of me. The front door was almost in reach when I lost my breath as my collar was yanked back and I was thrown against my back. I couldn't breathe. I couldn't breathe!

                          I held back the tears. I could still feel the pain and taste my fear as if it had only just happened. The spider on my leg sat still for a moment. I grabbed one of the toilet paper rolls next to me and quietly ripped off a bulky wad of it. I squeezed my eyes shut and slammed the toilet paper over the spider. It was a sudden, but silent death. I made a face as I tore off a little more of the toilet paper to wipe off the rest of the spider's body, shuddering as I wiped it. Ew. EW. EW! I tossed the wad to the side and smiled a little in pride.

That was it. He wouldn't find me now.

"I wish toilet paper could just re-fill itself," he mumbled as he flushed the toilet.

Toilet paper? Oh no, toilet paper! You're kidding me right? God, higher forces of the universe, whatever you are why me? Why me? Do you find some sick entertainment from watching me suffer?

"How much longer man?" I heard Bax ask through the door just as the cabinet door flung open. My heart stopped for a moment. I felt like a dead man. No, I was a dead man. My pupils constricted to adjust to the new lighting. His hand was gliding across the bottom of the cabinet, but his head was turned away towards the door.

"What the hell do you want Bax? Can't you just leave me to use the restroom in peace?!" he snapped, obviously irked.

I placed the toilet paper near his hand and he instinctively grabbed it without looking. Kicking the cabinet doors shut, he walked towards the toilet and tinkered with the toilet paper holder. I sighed in relief, but not for long as my heart leapt and my entire body became alert when his legs banged the cabinet. I relaxed again when I heard the sound of water running in the sink. The towel ring knocked against the wall and the doorknob jingled as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"What the-"

"Sorry man! I really have to use the restroom!" Bax exclaimed running in and slamming the door shut. He flung open the cabinet doors and put his hand over his chest. "Thank goodness," he mouthed out.

I smiled weakly at him. I'd never been so glad to see him. He motioned for me to stay quiet and gave me his hand, helping me out of the cabinet. I stumbled over my feet, crashing into his chest. Instead of moving away, I wrapped my arms around his large frame and dug my face deeper into his warm, consoling chest as my body shook as if I were crying. I wouldn't cry though, I was done crying years ago.

PLEASE VOTE!  

REMEMBER:  

it's free! 

It makes me happy :-) 

It doesn't hurt you 

It motivates me to write more :-)

Just as good as votes are... 

Comments? Honestly tell me what you think. As my readers, you influence my writing A LOT. Plot, style, events, etc. For example the other few chapters about Bax were much more humorous than my beginning few and this one because one of my friends who is reading my story suggested it. Plus, Baxter provides some comic relief from the really serious parts.