Task #7 - Responses (Males)

.: Jasper Vaz-Merille - District One :.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.: Grant Diablo - District Three :.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.: Orion Hunt - District Nine :.

Murderer...

The word continues to play over and over again, not matter how many times I push it away. My allies and I walk through the forest. Grant makes conversation, and a few of his comments make me laugh, but then I feel bad for laughing, so I stop. I walk a bit faster than the others, and while they are tired, I'm more energized then ever.

Something is messed up with this sword.

"Hello my little TRIBUTELINGS! I've made things interesting!" Before I even have to really figure out who it was, my sword is pointed at the screen with gamemaker Holly on it. Oh. I drop the sword to my side as she giggles. 

What did she do now?

I let go of the sword- but it doesn't fall to the ground. What...? Raising the sword enough to see the handle, I gasp. The metal has melted, and re-form a sort of cage over my hand in the space of a few minutes. And without me noticing. I spot a small name engraved on the handle, and I take a closer look at it as Holly continues.

"Your weapon is a part of you until the tribute whose name is on your sword stabs the place where their name is. Good luck!" The screen blacks out, leaving my staring at the name.

Reed Wyatt.

Oh no.

I push away the feeling of guilt that comes with the name, but it refuses to leave.

"Orion!" 

I snap to attention, knowing what to do before I even know what the problem is. I swing the sword around, knocking the dagger that was coming for the back of my head to the ground blade first. "Thanks Grant."

Grant nods as Tiamera comes out from behind a tree. "You've got some skill." 

I shake my head. "No." As she raises her arm to throw another, I have somehow crossed the distance between us and brought to blade down on her hand. I close my eyes, but that doesn't block out her scream. And then the sword, which I assume is completely in control now, cuts her off.

Murderer...

BOOM

"How'd you-?" starts Grant, and I cut him off.

"I don't want this sword anymore."

We walk on again, faster this time, and every time a twig snaps, the sword reacts before I do. After about an hour, I'm completely sick of it.

"REED!" I yell, causing my allies to jump. "I AM SICK OF THIS SWORD, PLEASE, PLEASE CAN YOU JUST HELP?"

After a moment, Reed exits from a few bushes, weapon at the ready. Gemini follows close behind.

"I would drop my weapons, but it's attached to my hands." I hold it out, and he understands. He looks for a moment as though he might kill me, and I wouldn't blame him, and I cut in. "Just once, then you can kill me next time."